SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

GoalieMask

In my opinion this game illustrates the best and worst about Sioux Hockey this year.  First, the best - we played a whole game with passion, intensity and grit - didn't go into a shell in the 2nd or after we got a lead.  We forechecked hard (that's a big reason we won a championship) We were hard to play against.  We played smart (for the most part) The defense was great and the offense got it done - not the prettiest but got some goals.  Honestly, this is how I thought this season would play out - maybe not the top talent could beat anyone at any time.  A decent record and perhaps a tournament run - practically home ice in the regional.  The worst - why is this game an outlier this season - especially after the break.  Why can't coaches and captains get this kind of toughness game in and game out?  Do we have to get a player a weekend kneed in order to play with intensity?  We've seen what we can do - now, let's start doing it on a regular basis.  This is on the coaches to get us ready for every game.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

According to Mike Schmidt it was a “clear” thigh on thigh. 

Maybe, but I thought you couldn't stick your leg out to check the opponent.  But I'm not an expert on the rules of hockey, so....

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Sports - keep politics out of here 

Correctimundo SiouxFan100.  

47 minutes ago, Irish said:

In my opinion this game illustrates the best and worst about Sioux Hockey this year.  First, the best - we played a whole game with passion, intensity and grit - didn't go into a shell in the 2nd or after we got a lead.  We forechecked hard (that's a big reason we won a championship) We were hard to play against.  We played smart (for the most part) The defense was great and the offense got it done - not the prettiest but got some goals.  Honestly, this is how I thought this season would play out - maybe not the top talent could beat anyone at any time.  A decent record and perhaps a tournament run - practically home ice in the regional.  The worst - why is this game an outlier this season - especially after the break.  Why can't coaches and captains get this kind of toughness game in and game out?  Do we have to get a player a weekend kneed in order to play with intensity?  We've seen what we can do - now, let's start doing it on a regular basis.  This is on the coaches to get us ready for every game.

That’s why slot of us get quite frustrated because at times they show us what they can do, then they play Canisius.

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Hypothetically, I would think the NCHC cares more about making sure UND gets home ice than promoting a Hobey candidate. 

If that was the case, would Todd Anderson be officiating this series? 

10 hours ago, John W. said:

UND...St.Cloud...Hillary...

"excuses, excuses, excuses"... Excuse me!!!

St. Cloud won Friday because of refs...UND won  Saturday because of flu...Trump won because of Russians...

Get a grip....some times a loss is because the opponent is better!!!!! 

Those *@%&! Russians!