SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

GoalieMask

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Toddy is lucky his higher up is willing to take bullets for him. 

Thigh on thigh normally leads to a blown out knee. :huh:

"Thigh"?  You nailed it.  They're talking "thigh on thigh""?  Huh?  So that's why he got a bruised "thigh"?  WTF.  My God NCHC brass, let's just save/bolster the Hober Baker candidate. 

22 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Standing room only. This is a background/ social media banner it I've ever seen one!

standing room only.jpg

I said it earlier, refs/NCHC brass created most of the last few minutes antics by UND (hey, nursing a 5-1 lead, WTH) with their non-call of last night's knee on knee hit by #22 for St Clown in order to better protect/present a cleaner Hobey Baker winner to represent the league.  Had the refs made the call or NCHC brass handled it right (1 game suspension) most (maybe a little :wink:) of the late game crap doesn't happen.  As on poster mentioned earlier, ironic #22 gets the only St Clown goal tonight when he shouldn't of even been out there!  

UND...St.Cloud...Hillary...

"excuses, excuses, excuses"... Excuse me!!!

St. Cloud won Friday because of refs...UND won  Saturday because of flu...Trump won because of Russians...

Get a grip....some times a loss is because the opponent is better!!!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How can you write that Poehling "should be okay" when you watched him throw a temper tantrum with punches thrown, and then watched him take his helmet off and then spike it with his "injured" arm......

I'm still unsure where any of this lead to temporary leg paralysis, but I'm on hold with Mayo to hopefully get that answer.  

• Upvote 4

My recollection is the Hobey is as much about character and sportsmanship as hockey skill. The Hobey voters back East will look for any excuse not to give it to a western kid and now they have a very good reason not to vote for #22. If a Sioux player had done that (and they have in the past) it would have been a certain suspension. 

We could be seeing one of the all time great UND goalies develop before our eyes.  Had to be the best goalie in the country this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Looking up some more stuff about Senden, everything the kid touches turns to gold.

Became the Captain of the Wayzata. Led them to their first ever state title.

Two years later, became the Captain of the Fargo Force. Led them to their first ever title.

Looking forward to his time as UND captain.

And UND was gonna send him back to Fargo for another year......

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

My recollection is the Hobey is as much about character and sportsmanship as hockey skill. The Hobey voters back East will look for any excuse not to give it to a western kid and now they have a very good reason not to vote for #22. If a Sioux player had done that (and they have in the past) it would have been a certain suspension.

My recollection is that when the shoe was on the other foot about character issues, we wanted the past left in the past and felt Matt Frattin deserved the Hobey Baker Trophy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

How can you write that Poehling "should be okay" when you watched him throw a temper tantrum with punches thrown, and then watched him take his helmet off and then spike it with his "injured" arm......

I'm still unsure where any of this lead to temporary leg paralysis, but I'm on hold with Mayo to hopefully get that answer.  

If the kid pulls that stunt in the bigs, he’s going to get his face ground into the ice.  

42 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

My recollection is that when the shoe was on the other foot about chatacter issues, we wanted the past left in the past and felt Matt Frattin deserved the Hobey Baker Trophy. 

Not necessarily... if Frattin was doing that prior BS during his candidate year, he wouldn’t have been nominated.

12 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I said it earlier, refs/NCHC brass created most of the last few minutes antics by UND (hey, nursing a 5-1 lead, WTH) with their non-call of last night's knee on knee hit by #22 for St Clown in order to better protect/present a cleaner Hobey Baker winner to represent the league.  Had the refs made the call or NCHC brass handled it right (1 game suspension) most (maybe a little :wink:) of the late game crap doesn't happen.  As on poster mentioned earlier, ironic #22 gets the only St Clown goal tonight when he shouldn't of even been out there!  

Hypothetically, I would think the NCHC cares more about making sure UND gets home ice than promoting a Hobey candidate. 

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Boy, all the whining about officiating is really something!  I’m old enough to remember fans being thrilled to leave bad WCHA officiating in the dust when the NCHC was formed!  What happened?

Didn’t they bring the bad officiating with them? (Don Adam)

• Upvote 3