SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

On 6/25/2019 at 10:34 PM, UND Fan said:

A couple more walk-on offers to WI kids:

Neenah (WI) 2020 DB Sam Jung (5'11", 180) and River Falls (WI) 2020 RB Seth Kohel (5'11", 190) both received preferred walk-on offers from North Dakota after strong performances at camp over the weekend.

Pretty sure these are both NDSU PWO offers as both kids announced them after the weekend with no mention of UND and I’m not sure they were at our camp.

56 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Pretty sure these are both NDSU PWO offers as both kids announced them after the weekend with no mention of UND and I’m not sure they were at our camp.

Thanks Ham and thanks for all your updates and input? I really appreciate your efforts and contributions to this site.

if we didn’t offer these kids obviously we didn’t want them. :silly:

7 hours ago, Hambone said:

6 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Thanks Ham and thanks for all your updates and input? I really appreciate your efforts and contributions to this site.

if we didn’t offer these kids obviously we didn’t want them. :silly:

Thanks - I am sure you are correct as SU’s camp was a three day camp over the weekend.

33 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This kid is a stud.

I hope he is!!  I heard he tested well!! 

I am sure "Sleepy Randy 'Always Late to the Party' Hedberg" will be at his house this weekend with a couple packs of sparklers.

• Upvote 2

2020 Football Recruiting -

Overall, the recruiting process is becoming more accelerated each year.  13 commits and over 2 months away from watching a snap of their Sr High School football season.  Everyone praises the early commits but we need to have some room for the players still progressing.  Or, what's the out if an early commit lays an egg or becomes a bad apple?  If FBS and FCS fill their classes before the Sr. season DII programs will love it!!  Then, we'll see more top talent at the DII level and everyone will be scatching their heads wondering how guys are missed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

2020 Football Recruiting -

Overall, the recruiting process is becoming more accelerated each year.  13 commits and over 2 months away from watching a snap of their Sr High School football season.  Everyone praises the early commits but we need to have some room for the players still progressing.  Or, what's the out if an early commit lays an egg or becomes a bad apple?  If FBS and FCS fill their classes before the Sr. season DII programs will love it!!  Then, we'll see more top talent at the DII level and everyone will be scatching their heads wondering how guys are missed.

Not doubt.  Glad I do not make my living chasing around 17 year old boys

On 3/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, UND Fan said:

A bunch of prospects from WI and the Cities attended Friday's Jr. Day.  That is good news as we need to focus our recruiting efforts on those areas.  Two offers:

TE Joe Stoffel, 6'4“, 235, River Falls (River Falls), WI Has offer from USD

OG Andrew Fenton, 6'3“, 260, Menomonie (Menomonie), WI

Stoffel will play for the Bison.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, UND Fan said:

Three new offers:

WR/S Chase Perchal, 5'10“, 195, 4.6, Omaha (Millard), NE

WR Mason Armstead, 6'1“, 170, Omaha (Creighton), NE  Has offer from SDSU 

DE Max Meeuwsen, 6'1”, 230, Green Bay (Port Bay), WI Has offers from Air Force & Navy

Meeuwsen will attend the Naval Academy.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, UND Fan said:

Another offer north of the border:

DE Leif Magnuson, 6'5", 250, Mississauga (Clarkson North), ON  Has offers from UT St & ID 

Hate to see a Canadian offeree going to one of our competitors - Magnuson will play for the Coyotes. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Hate to see a Canadian offeree going to one of our competitors - Magnuson will play for the Coyotes. 

Agreed.  Canadian kids have to be a recruitment tool we use to our advantage.

15 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Meaning we had withdrawn our offer or he had let us know he wasn’t interested?

I had never seen anything that he had an offer from us.  Hes been active on announcing offers on twitter and he never announced us.

35 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I had never seen anything that he had an offer from us.  Hes been active on announcing offers on twitter and he never announced us.

This is the 247 page on Magnuson. 

Just now, UND Fan said:

This is the 247 page on Magnuson. 

That sure didn't copy well - but it indicates that all four of these schools had offered Magnuson.