SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - EXH GAME

AZSIOUX

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

Probably a good thing they didn’t win 7-1, as many that are judging the game by the score would be talking National Championship already.

Manitoba plays Omaha tomorrow so if uno wins 7-1 you can bet their fans will be crowning their team national champs. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Manitoba plays Omaha tomorrow so if uno wins 7-1 you can bet their fans will be crowning their team national champs. 

It's Omaha, the first half of the season is the only thing they can cheer about before the annual second half collapse comes around. ;) 

Well the game was fun to watch due to all our possession time.  But that Manitoba team was terrible.  Hopefully our lack of scoring from last year doesn’t continue.  Again, our problem last night was not getting to the paint, they stayed on the perimeter all night.

• Upvote 1

5 things........

1.  Hain looked like he has good vision, hussle, and he belongs.

2.  Mismash is going to fun to watch this year - looks like he is much improved.

3. JBD hopefully stays a couple years. UND > Ottawa.

4.  Weatherby is BIG.  Hope he looks as prominent against NCAA foes.

5.  The passing was crisp!  I like our TEAM game, so if we continue to refine and improve, I am super excited for this year!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND WFO78 said:

5 things........

2.  Mismash is going to fun to watch this year - looks like he is much improved.

5.  The passing was crisp!  I like our TEAM game, so if we continue to refine and improve, I am super excited for this year!

I agree with all of the above. I think that was the best passing I’ve seen in an exhibition in a long time.

My bigger concern is Gardner’s quote to Schlossman that they let up.   While it doesn’t count yet, their new mantra of “zero”, starting from scratch every period to add to the legacy of UND hockey, needs to be more than lip service if they are going to change those ties into wins this year.  If their adherence to that motto is that short lived, I hope they don’t have to keep learning that lesson that every point counts, and that even losing that 3-0 lead to Miami is what cost them the NCAA tournament.  Here’s to hoping that “zero” truly starts against Bemidji State.  Gardner also needs to realize as a leader it starts with him, as in “zero” penalties, unless you are stopping a scoring chance.  This team can’t afford to take needless penalties.

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I noticed a person ahead of us scan in six tickets and only one person in

That’s because they are giving $1000 to five people at the end of the season for perfect attendance from a drawing.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

My bigger concern is Gardner’s quote to Schlossman that they let up.  

They need to evict that third period sleepy-sleepy-monster that seems to live on their bench. 

If anything when 35 went in it should've woke them up. 

Here's hoping that was a hard, hard lesson they had to learn first hand. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They need to evict that third period sleepy-sleepy-monster that seems to live on their bench. 

If anything when 35 went in it should've woke them up. 

Here's hoping that was a hard, hard lesson they had to learn first hand. 

I'll put a bolo out on the sleepy-sleepy-monster:D 

We were going to leave after 2periods but something about the game was interesting & we stayed till about 7 min to go in 3rd (Their goalie was very good) & sure as hell they score as we walked out & tie it up as we get the game on radio - Thankfully we score in OT as we get home & turn on TV 

Almost seems like more of last yrs ties 

We need a Coach that works on shooting & scoring - tricky when all 5 players on Manitoba are in a tight box in front of their goalie .......Strange Game

5 hours ago, UND WFO78 said:

5 things........

Agreed!  That pass Hain made to Bowen for the second goal was fantastic!  I would add this:

6.  A picture of baby rabbits in a field of daisies will get you more jacked up than the intro video music and the music during starting lineup introductions will.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Agreed!  That pass Hain made to Bowen for the second goal was fantastic!  I would add this:

6.  A picture of baby rabbits in a field of daisies will get you more jacked up than the intro video music and the music during starting lineup introductions will.

Yeah I kept waiting for the music to get better but it never did.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fetch said:

We need a Coach that works on shooting & scoring - tricky when all 5 players on Manitoba are in a tight box in front of their goalie .......Strange Game

I'm glad you pointed that out.  Berry does not work on shooting and scoring.  Never has.