SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

Our conference HC buddies:

Sounds like Jim Montgomery the Pioneerd is gone.

Motzko the Clown just left.

Blaise Once-the-Great has been gone from Omaha for 1 season.

Hak the Siouxperman has been gone for 3 seasons.

Scott Owens for CC has been gone for 4 seasons.

Andy Murray a professional head coach (10 yr - Kings & Blues) just completed his 7th season at W. Mich. 

Blasi in a 10 yr Miami contract and head coach since 1999 survives, but the assistants were just fired + numerous players given the booth.

How about another jump to the pros, Sandelin the Bulldog?

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Norm Bazin to DU?  Solid coach but that will rub some folks the wrong way.

Would think hiring someone that has a ton of experience would help a little more in recruiting, even if David Carle is an up and comer. 

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Blais had never been a head coach at the Division I level before he took over in Grand Forks in 1994. The rest is history. :)

Hell he coached at Minot High when I played for Jamestown in 78-79

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Blais had never been a head coach at the Division I level before he took over in Grand Forks in 1994. The rest is history. :)

True, but I think Carle still has a lot to learn, and would rather be out on the recruiting trail against him rather than Bazin.  

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

True, but I think Carle still has a lot to learn, and would rather be out on the recruiting trail against him rather than Bazin.  

Carle has actually been a very good recruiter lately...but has always had Monty to back him.

46 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Carle has actually been a very good recruiter lately...but has always had Monty to back him.

Yeah, sometimes perception is the problem.  I know if I was Berry going after a recruit that had NHL aspirations (Rizzo) I would tout my experience of getting people to the next level which depending on the athlete could be a benefit.  Carle could use some of the guys who just left, but that probably is attributed more to Monty. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

DU Monty in Dallas and now BU Quinn with NYR.
I know there were some before him, but Hakstol seems to have been the first of a new trend. 

I believe Quinn is the 5th coach to go from college head coach directly to NHL head coach. I think that two guys did it before Hak years ago, Bob Johnson being one of them.

Any word on the street if this is expected to impact any specific recruits commitments? With the seeming end to the gentleman's agreement, I'm sure coaches across the country are busy. It's obviously late in the game (unfortunate for both schools and recruits) but I have to imagine some high-end kids had specifically chosen BU and DU because they had NHL-caliber head coaches. I'm going to optimistically read way more than is warranted into UND not announcing final 2018 roster yet and just assume we have a late first rounder addition coming to UND to ease all of our concerns about reloading some finishers onto this team.. ;)

3 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I believe Quinn is the 5th coach to go from college head coach directly to NHL head coach. I think that two guys did it before Hak years ago, Bob Johnson being one of them.

I think he was a head coach for a short time with the Avs. I know he was an NHL assist coach with them.