SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

11 hours ago, fsioux said:

It's always tough sledding in the NCHC.  Just ask Denver.  UMD does not have what I would say "has everyone back".  They have 6 seniors and Kuhlman and J. Thomas were key contributors.  With Anderson going early they have to be holding their breath on Tufte.  That being said, I am sure they will not be pushovers but numerous teams in the NCHC could very well have better years with UND being one of those teams.

I missed the Anderson departure.  

11 hours ago, fsioux said:

It's always tough sledding in the NCHC.  Just ask Denver.  UMD does not have what I would say "has everyone back".  They have 6 seniors and Kuhlman and J. Thomas were key contributors.  With Anderson going early they have to be holding their breath on Tufte.  That being said, I am sure they will not be pushovers but numerous teams in the NCHC could very well have better years with UND being one of those teams.

Each early departure can have such a big change in the dynamic of the team. Both UMD and SCSU will be good next year, but a Tufte or Schuldt loss would both be considerable blows.

Any word on Allison from WMU? Talk about a team that will be dangerous if everyone returns.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Each early departure can have such a big change in the dynamic of the team. Both UMD and SCSU will be good next year, but a Tufte or Schuldt loss would both be considerable blows.

Any word on Allison from WMU? Talk about a team that will be dangerous if everyone returns.

Last I heard on Allison is the Flyers wanted to sign him so they could monitor his recovery.

20 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Fabbro captain at BU next year.  How did they get a first rounder to stay 3 years. Crazy.  Chad Krys second rounder, he’s back too for a third year.... as well as their goalie.  They should be solid next year.

Couldn't believe when I read that.  Wish we had landed Fabbro instead of Jost.

14 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Either Minnesota stole Ben Myers from Omaha, or Fargo Force had the wrong information on their line chart. All in a period of 24 hours.

Guess Motzko likes being on the other side of things.  

17 hours ago, cberkas said:

Either Minnesota stole Ben Myers from Omaha, or Fargo Force had the wrong information on their line chart. All in a period of 24 hours.

Word in town is that he's de-committed from Omaha, and will be at MN.  Rumor came out over the weekend.

Side note: Tri-City at Fargo in the first round of the playoffs tonight & Wednesday (Thursday if necessary), if anyone wants to make a visit to Fargo for some good hockey.

36 minutes ago, cberkas said:

BU lost to Michigan in the regional final.

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He was thinking of Boston College.

Whoops... no, actually I was thinking of the wrong person all together... I was thinking of Ian McCoshen and realized it about 2 minutes ago lol. 

That's two misses for me today. Yikes.

59 minutes ago, sprig said:

Good grief, will anyone take a job in Alaska. Looks like the salaries are low for a head coach (<200K) and expensive places to live. Wonder if these programs can continue much longer.

I’ll take the job! 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Supposedly Sandy is in the running for the Rangers job.  That’s a big deal.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Hoping, go Sandy, like in two ways; not our competitor anymore and wish you well at the next level? Not so good for Duluth if he leaves.

As a Rangers fan, I'd be very happy on two levels.

• Upvote 2

On 4/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, sioux rube said:

Brent Brekke played his youth and high school hockey here in Jamestown 

My brother was good friends with him growing up, I remember Brent playing catch with me as a kid. Have a signed card of his from his college days. Was drafted or signed by the Avs if I recall correctly, I was fairly young at the time so I might be wrong.