SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Miami - Saturday Gameday

RideOrDieOshie

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm thinking the second the team is eliminated 24 is gone.  Ottawa won't be waiting outside the locker room, but they'll be calling.

I agree he isn't ready for the NHL, but maybe a few years of the A. 

They'll love the bow and arrow schtick in the A

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TRex said:

I was thinking we're better off if they leave and we can start over with new talent.   It can't get any worse and very likely would be better.    Bring in new boys that  can get something done.

At least bring in some new guys with some fire in their belly...  There are hockey players out there that may not have the best talent but would do absolutely anything to skate for a program like UND has.

27 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Just yet another example of expecting someone else to pick up your slack...  In the past we had the skill and drive to still win games without playing a complete game.  It makes me sick to my stomach watching how well this team can play for 10 minutes (right after the first goal) and then just go back to sleep.  I would assume we are in for a major-league @$$-kicking next weekend.

Disagree, this team tends to play to, or just under, the level of our competition. Not a team that really get blown out, just a team that can’t quite get it done.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'm hoping they don't have much to play for and will take it easy next weekend.

We have played better this year against the stronger teams, so hoping that is the case again. A split will help our cause, Minnesota can help us if they take the series against Penn State. Duluth can help keep UNO behind us. A Western/CC split may help in NCHC rankings, not sure what way is best for pairwise. Then use home ice to advantage to win playoff series. Do whatever it takes to make it to St. Paul, that happens then I think we control our destiny and hopefully can get atleast 1 win there. Sliver of hope still hanging on.

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Move Wolanin up to forward. We need his offensive touch and we don’t have to worry about him being a defensive liability. 

With comments like that you're going to be his new Instagram buddy.

#ferdaGodsmack

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm thinking the second the team is eliminated 24 is gone.  Ottawa won't be waiting outside the locker room, but they'll be calling.

I agree he isn't ready for the NHL, but maybe a few years of the A. 

Just a few years of the A and then move on to Europe? Because I don’t really ever see him in the NHL unless someone is injured

UND somehow still in 4th, but a bad weekend next week could see them slip all the way to 7th.  Geez.  One win against last place Miami would have really been a nice help.
Avoiding traveling to Denver or Cloud for the first round would be ideal, but with how this team is playing it probably doesn't matter who/where they play for the first round.