SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Miami - Saturday Gameday

RideOrDieOshie

8 minutes ago, Nodaker said:

What did I miss?  Why all the talk on here this weekend about the players and social media?  I've looked but haven't seen anything. 

Oxbow got called out (again) for disrespecting college kids on social media last week. So he was about to take credit for righting the ship this weekend but it didn't work out to well for him! He is still just a troll at over paid college kids that owe it to him to win every game...

#washrinserepeat

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

UND somehow still in 4th, but a bad weekend next week could see them slip all the way to 7th.  Geez.  One win against last place Miami would have really been a nice help.
Avoiding traveling to Denver or Cloud for the first round would be ideal, but with how this team is playing it probably doesn't matter who/where they play for the first round.

This team is playing so bad it really doesn't matter who we play right now. Really hard to watch. 

23 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This team is playing so bad it really doesn't matter who we play right now. Really hard to watch. 

Hey........stop "disrespecting college kids" you're going to hurt their feelings.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Oxbow got called out (again) for disrespecting college kids on social media last week. So he was about to take credit for righting the ship this weekend but it didn't work out to well for him! He is still just a troll at over paid college kids that owe it to him to win every game...

#washrinserepeat

I guess I'm not sure what I've ever read from Oxbow6 that crossed a line...every time UND loses a hockey game, this place loses its collective mind.  I bet any one of a couple dozen posters here could have been referenced by the players on social media.

I think the bigger issue at the time was the players obviously having time to stroll thru SiouxSports.com an hour or two before game-time.  

Oxbow6 also wasn't "taking credit" for anything post-wise...I'm pretty sure that was another poster facetiously saying that he must have motivated the team to a big W.

• Upvote 4

The games are hard to watch but I am happy they battled back being down 2-0. You can not overlook the injuries. Every complains about consistency but it' hard when different and key players are out of the line up all year. With football and now hockey we can call this the year of injuries. I know other teams have problems too but when you do not have alot to start with its hard to play a full game. Better goaltending would help too. 

At the end of the day, we still control our own destiny for home ice, playoffs, and NCAA regionals.

Win at least 1 game next weekend, we’ll be home for the playoffs. I can’t see Omaha sweeping Duluth on the road. Can’t see CC or WMU sweeping their series, either.

That’s the first step in the process. Worry about the rest in a week.

I would not be surprised if they follow this board, it can be a riot of contradiction, but I would not be surprised if the players don't follow the site as much as people close to the players point things out to them.   I shake my head more at what is said here than what I see  (mostly  hear this year) on the ice.  Earlier in the year, persons wanted Rhett Gardner sent to the club team (sarcasm),  he could be sitting back thinking "how do you like me now", as per Tim we are win less without him in the line up.   A recent post lamented that we no longer stand up the puck carrier at the blue line, while 3 games or so ago, Hayden Shaw was getting sent to Siouxsports hell for getting a penalty doing that very thing.  Good thing we are in the internet era where "just say anything, no one cares" rules the day....

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I would not be surprised if they follow this board, it can be a riot of contradiction, but I would not be surprised if the players don't follow the site as much as people close to the players point things out to them.   I shake my head more at what is said here than what I see  (mostly  hear this year) on the ice.  Earlier in the year, persons wanted Rhett Gardner sent to the club team (sarcasm),  he could be sitting back thinking "how do you like me now", as per Tim we are win less without him in the line up.   A recent post lamented that we no longer stand up the puck carrier at the blue line, while 3 games or so ago, Hayden Shaw was getting sent to Siouxsports hell for getting a penalty doing that very thing.  Good thing we are in the internet era where "just say anything, no one cares" rules the day....

For a lot of posters, siouxsports.com is their "safe space".

The players read at their own peril, and hopefully they realize a few critics aren't indicative of the entire fanbase's sentiment. 

That said, the general consensus that nobody looks anywhere near NHL ready on this team was very evident last night.  Don't leave early if you aren't graduating or able to finish your degree asynchronously.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll say it again: I never believed Rhett Gardner was such a key to the team. They are winless when he's out of the lineup. 

He plays in all situations so his absence is noticeable. Maybe he isn’t a big scorer but he makes an impact on the ice. 

Nick Jones took 28 of UND’s 59 faceoffs on Friday, and probably similar number of faceoffs on Saturday. Those two are 2 guys I do not think UND can be without for long stretches of time and expect to be successful because they do play in all situations and take the majority of the faceoffs. 

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

He plays in all situations so his absence is noticeable. Maybe he isn’t a big scorer but he makes an impact on the ice. 

Nick Jones took 28 of UND’s 59 faceoffs on Friday, and probably similar number of faceoffs on Saturday. Those two are 2 guys I do not think UND can be without for long stretches of time and expect to be successful because they do play in all situations and take the majority of the faceoffs. 

Rhett is a big heavy forward that plays the game the right way. He's strong on pucks and great in the faceoff dot. He's one of the leaders of this team. 

He does a lot of things that don't show up on the scoresheet. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Rhett is a big heavy forward that plays the game the right way. He's strong on pucks and great in the faceoff dot. He's one of the leaders of this team. 

You are such a homer. He’s an ok player but he hurts the team often as well. 

21 hours ago, tnt said:

Do we even think Bast has a chance to come back this year?  If not, I say we carry an extra defenseman on the roster, as he hasn’t put together a full season in 3 or 4 years.  Can’t count on someone that injury prone.

So I take it Bast was injury prone before he got here?  If I recall now, was he on the shelf with an injury at the beginning of this season? 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Agreed, additionally when he is in the lineup it moves Jones down to the second line and improves the team exponentially.  Also believe that not having JJ available was substantial.  He had really picked up his game.  Hopefully we can get healthy for next week and whatever follows.  If we have everybody available, I don't think teams will want to see us in their bracket.  Have to get to the dance first.

19 hours ago, brianvf said:

UND somehow still in 4th, but a bad weekend next week could see them slip all the way to 7th.  Geez.  One win against last place Miami would have really been a nice help.
Avoiding traveling to Denver or Cloud for the first round would be ideal, but with how this team is playing it probably doesn't matter who/where they play for the first round.

Exactly.  We're making everybody look good now.

12 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

#washrinserepeat

Thank you for being the hero and defender of feelings that these college kids clearly need. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Thank you for being the hero and defender of feelings that these college kids clearly need. 

Not what I'm doing at all....I have one kid in college and one going next year. It makes zero sense to me that some loser armchair expert can sit on his anonymous screen name and not only attack a team of college kids but this "man" can name an individual by name and tell that player how terrible he is doing! 

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is to think some day that could be my kid on the other end of that armchair experts cowardly acts! 

People want to be frustrated with a team...so be it, it's part of being an athlete they must deal with it. If they aren't a paid professional how in the world can YOU justify personally attacking this kid or any kid? Maybe one of yours or maybe one of mine next time!

IMHO no more anonymous screen names would stop a lot of it...:silly:

• Upvote 2