SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

The Summit League commissioner made a simple but great point regarding the old NCC: be proud of what the NCC represented. The old NCC was a terrific league in terms of the competition; looking forward, there is no question that the Summit and MVFC will be superior to the Big Sky Conference in terms of competition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

The Big Sky again reaffirmed what a quality conference it is when they stood by their agreement of no exit fee, even though UND has only been a member for a handful of years. And by allowing UND to have a football home for two extra years. 

Very good point, I was kind of put back a little when Pres. Kennedy answered question about how we to pay entry fees $250,000 and $300,000. Didn't say much, but was really talking out of the side of his mouth, never seen him do that before. Audio was really bad, maybe I'm over reacting.

3 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I would have preferred to have just stayed in the Big Sky, but if we had to move, I wish it could all be at once. This purgatory for the football team stinks. 

No purgatory; goal from now on should be to win national title which is just as doable scheduling-wise as before.

10 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I would have preferred to have just stayed in the Big Sky, but if we had to move, I wish it could all be at once. This purgatory for the football team stinks. 

That is really going to be tough, hate it, wonder how much energy was put into negotiating that out of the deal. I think the buyout option would of been better, if there would of been one. The cost of three more years of flying the FB team around could of gone partly towards a buyout. That's a lot of money and also the funky cloud hanging over the FB team for 3 years. I'd say this is the weakest part of the whole deal.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That is really going to be tough, hate it, wonder how much energy was put into negotiating that out of the deal. I think the buyout option would of been better, if there would of been one. The cost of three more years of flying the FB team around could of gone partly towards a buyout. That's a lot of money and also the funky cloud hanging over the FB team for 3 years. I'd say this is the weakest part of the whole deal.

Does it really matter that much? We still play strong schedules, and as long as we continue to compete as we have, we have just as good of a chance to make the playoffs and win a championship. Youngstown didn't get an autobid and they were in the championship game. The goal is to get into the playoffs, even if it doesn't come with a Big Sky Championship banner for 2 years.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

Not sure what you guys are worried about with the Big Sky/UND Football for the next three years.  Nothing changes.  

Case in point:  UND went 8-0 this year and DIDN'T get the Auto-bid.  Did it mean anything to the committee?  Nope.  

Their resume is all that matters.

Exactly

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Does it really matter that much? We still play strong schedules, and as long as we continue to compete as we have, we have just as good of a chance to make the playoffs and win a championship. Youngstown didn't get an autobid and they were in the championship game. The goal is to get into the playoffs, even if it doesn't come with a Big Sky Championship banner for 2 years.

Valid points, it just a long time till 2020-21 FB season. But then again, for those who enjoyed FB in the Big Sky, they get three more years.

50 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Summit League basketball has 8 teams in their tournament. So all but the last two teams starting next year makes it. 

When there are 10 teams, you'll have 7-10,8-9 playin games like the Valley and Horizon do.  They won't leave 2 teams completely out.

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Just heard on bison show that ndsu is closer to being an Alabama than being a UND in football

I thought you were exaggerating a bit. You weren't.

Whatever you want to say about the way NDSU views themselves, the fact of the matter is this: North Dakota State in today's age of college football is closer to an Alabama than they are a North Dakota.

Even the almighty Sagarin and Massey can't come up with some magic to make that anything other than a ridiculous statement.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I thought you were exaggerating a bit. You weren't.

Even the almighty Sagarin and Massey think this is a ridiculous statement.

Goodness.  Just another reason to think Culhane is a dingus. That's insane to the Nth degree.