SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

3 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

So can we only make the football playoffs as a At large bid for the next few years?

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Correct.

I believe we can still win the conference and get the auto bid next year, as we will still be full member. In the fall of 2018 we will be an affiliate for football and ineligible to get the auto bid, though if our record is good enough to have earned the autobid, then we wouldn't have an issue receiving an at large.

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

So we are screwed in basketball?

nope, see my previous post. We can win the Big Sky in basketball and football next year. Then we can we can earn an at large in football while trying to win the at large in basketball with the summit.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

nope, see my previous post. We can win the Big Sky in basketball and football next year. Then we can we can earn an at large in football while trying to win the at large in basketball with the summit.

Won't all the Summit League sports be full membership in 2018-19 and able to compete for autobids?

14 minutes ago, Kab said:

One of the hosts

the main radio guy

Culhane? I don't care for him. 

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

An At-Large in the Summit????? 

1 minute ago, Air Force One said:

Won't all the Summit League sports be full membership in 2018-19 and able to compete for autobids?

This sounds better. 

18 minutes ago, Kab said:

One of the hosts

the main radio guy

Wow. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a caller.

10 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

What station and who are hosts?

Bison Propaganda 1660 (McFeely's words, not mine). Jeremy Jorgenson (NDSU head of media) and Jeff Culhane (NDSU radio play by play) host. I'm still curious how it isn't a violation for an NDSU athletic department employee to talk about recruits who haven't signed or how it wasn't a conflict of interest for him to work on the media contracts and then he ends up hosting a show on the radio station that won the rights.

1 minute ago, Air Force One said:

That's how I read it. We are full members with all the benefits in the Summit in 2018, but cannot win the Big Sky Conference in 2018 and 2019. 

Just now, darell1976 said:

That's how I read it. We are full members with all the benefits in the Summit in 2018, but cannot win the Big Sky Conference in 2018 and 2019. 

Wait what?  Are we playing a big sky schedule or a summit schedule in 2018 and 2019?  If we are playing a Big Sky schedule how would that even work?

5 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Wait what?  Are we playing a big sky schedule or a summit schedule in 2018 and 2019?  If we are playing a Big Sky schedule how would that even work?

Prior to 2018, UND will be a full-time member of the Big Sky for basketball/volleyball/football.

UND will be playing a Summit basketball/volleyball schedule from 2018 on. 

UND is playing a Big Sky Football schedule through 2019.

In 2020, UND football will be playing a MVFC schedule.

• Upvote 1