SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Wait what?  Are we playing a big sky schedule or a summit schedule in 2018 and 2019?  If we are playing a Big Sky schedule how would that even work?

We will be full members of the Summit for 2018-19, meaning we can win the auto bid.  2017-18 we are full members of Big Sky and can win auto bids.  2018-19 and 2019-20 our fb team will be an affiliate of the Big Sky meaning no autobid for playoffs.  Which won't matte because if we have a record good enough to win the conference, we will get an at large.

• Upvote 3

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2018 all sports move to Summit except FB

2020 FB moves to MVFC

I believe we're able to win the Summit right away and get the auto bid but in the MVFC we go two years before we get the auto bid. Which wouldn't matter cause if we won the MVFC we'd get at an at large bid anyway. I may be wrong but that's what I've come to understand. 

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Part of the Jorgensen problem on the radio show is with und in its just the old ncc again

im sure he is butt hurt over this heard preparation h sales are up in fargo

Which is weird because NDSU originally wanted the whole NCC to move up when they were first exploring it. They finally get what they asked for and then complain.

8 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Wait what?  Are we playing a big sky schedule or a summit schedule in 2018 and 2019?  If we are playing a Big Sky schedule how would that even work?

We stay Big Sky for football in 2018 and 19 but won't be eleigible for the Big Sky title but still can get a playoff birth. 

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

We will be full members of the Summit for 2018-19, meaning we can win the auto bid.  2017-18 we are full members of Big Sky and can win auto bids.  2018-19 and 2019-20 our fb team will be an affiliate of the Big Sky meaning no autobid for playoffs.  Which won't matte because if we have a record good enough to win the conference, we will get an at large.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say. I had it screwed up. Two years in the Big Sky with no autobid not MVFC.  

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Which is weird because NDSU originally wanted the whole NCC to move up when they were first exploring it. They finally get what they asked for and then complain.

NDSU's situation has changed a bit since moving up and basically dominating everyone. Understandable why some people have different views now than when the transition originally took place.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kab said:

Part of the Jorgensen problem on the radio show is with und in its just the old ncc again

im sure he is butt hurt over this heard preparation h sales are up in fargo

A lot of people on this board have been saying the same thing.

13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

We are playing a Summit basketball/volleyball schedule from 2018 on. 

We are playing a Big Sky Football schedule through 2019.

In 2020, we will be playing a MVFC schedule.

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2018 all sports move to Summit except FB

2020 FB moves to MVFC

11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Thanks for the clarity

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Montana schools are the one's I'll really miss, and yes we played them prior. Over all this is a good move.

I agree, I like the move and would love to play Montana schools in non conference games. This isn't the NCC of old like many are making comparisons too. There is some familiar faces with the top teams from the old NCC but I don't see Morningside, Augustana, St. Cloud, Mankato and other teams that would consistently plug the middle or cellar. We now get some games that fans can travel to and some home games that visiting team fans can travel to us. I like it, but understand why some would prefer to stay in the Big Sky. 

• Upvote 1