SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

UND should be #7 tomorrow and if we are 8 it is simply to match us up with NDSU. I actually think UND matches up better with NDSU than EWU but I hope we are 7 because that is where we should be. SDSU was behind us last week and they beat an average 5-6 team. No reason they should jump UND 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Thinking I'd rather be 8th as I agree I think we'd match up better with NDSU and would be a great atmosphere again! 

I agree.  Believe we will be the 8th seed matched with the team to south.  I like that matchup a lot better then the Sam Houstons, e wash' and sdsu' of the world. 

Excited to see where the committee puts UND tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

Ebb and flow.  Teams do well, then they suck.

The Panthers and Griz are trending down and UND is on the uptick.   Its pretty normal.

NDSU is slowly tapering down and next year may be a struggle for them.

Look at what happened to Towson the last few years.  Ouch.

Slowly tapering down... to #1?  Lol.

As far as which side of the bracket we end up on, I don't much care.  If it is the NDSU side,  great, because they like to run it and that plays into our favor.  If it is the EWU side, great, because they like to throw it and we lead the nation in interceptions.  I'm  not trying to say that I think we are the greatest team in the FCS, but there isn't a single team in the division that gives me the shits when I think about playing them....

I think it is more wide open this year more than it has been since NDSU started their impressive run......

In the end the committee looks at revenue, $$ talks tho they won't admit it, are they going to make more money with a potential NDSU vs SDSU matchup or a NDSU vs UND matchup, that's why I think we get a seed or we will be the simulated lowest ranked #9 of all time. No matter what happens we all know Bubba will have the boys ready and not scared of any opponent. 

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

As to SDSU....common opponent is Poly to whom they lost to at home plus they have 3 losses.

UND >>> SDSU

SDSU Resume > UND Resume.  Not that it is that important, I'm sure SDSU would be fine with going back to Fargo after what they did a month ago.

• Downvote 3