SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

ESPN3 announcer: "As for the UNI Panthers, you have to wonder if their season is over...it's up to the committee".  

Really? :huh:

A 5-6 record most likely means they won't get a seed though right?  :glare::silly:

Seriously, UNI and Montana really do seem to be the "darlings" of the FCS.  The committee will be wrought with frustration when they won't be able to find a spot for either of them.

• Upvote 3

Think it will look like this

1- ndsu 10-1

2- Ewu 10-1

3 -Sam Houston 11-0

4- jmu 10-1

5- jax st 10-1

6-citadel 10-1

7- sdsu 8-3

8- UND 9-2

9- chatty currently 8-2- if they keep up with Alabama as they currently are doing.....3-14 at the half, this could sway the committees eyes. Maybe the 8th seed-I'd be upset with that but I'm sure they're watching it right now- we need cal poly to win to get one more win of a playoff caliber team.

10- c ark 9-2

just outside- nova and Richmond 

2 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

UND will be 8 to prevent a double in-conference match up.

1 NDSU  vs 8 UND

2 EWU vs SDSU

With SHSU getting a 30+ point win today I think it will be interesting to see how far they climb.  The committee has had a boner for them since the first week, now it can be justified with the most impressive win of the day.  

4 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

UND will be 8 to prevent a double in-conference match up.

1 NDSU  vs 8 UND

2 EWU vs SDSU

They don't do the seedings based on regionalization do they?  I thought the top 8 get seeded bases on merit, and after that is where the regionalization happens.....

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If Chattanooga jumps us with a #qualityloss I'm going to be very unhappy. 

They lost @ citadel by 8 and to Wofford by 8......one seeded team and a playoff team ( 18-5 combined record) plus bama.  

Our losses look bad in the committees eyes.  Stony loss hurts us.  

Wish bama crushed chatty! 

Cmon cal poly!!  We need you to win

Trying to find any logic in what the committee does is a complete waste of time.

They get a few cases of whiskey and a dozen pizzas, lock themselves in a room and come up with the bracket.

Drawing teams from a hat may be part of the process.  Its not formally acknowledged, but insiders know the hat is the tried and true method.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Trying to find any logic in what the committee does is a complete waste of time.

They get a few cases of whiskey and a dozen pizzas, lock themselves in a room and come up with the bracket.

Drawing teams from a hat may be part of the process.  Its not formally acknowledged, but insiders know the hat is the tried and true method.

Just go read B'ville.  They have it all figured out.