SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

So UND gets the winner of NC A&T at Richmond. You mean Richmond, who I watched yesterday to see if W&M could knock them off?

Not saying, just saying ... ;) 

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why do I smile at the notion of UND 22 and UND 5 facing a "run defense" like Richmond's? 

To Bubba and his staff and team:

Congratulations. 

But now the hard work begins.

Leave no doubt. 

• Upvote 3

What about parking?  All paid parking,  or do parking passes work? 

Found it

Champions Club members with Football hang-tag parking passes will also be able to park in their designated lots as usual.

All other parking will be $5 per car and will only be available at the Alerus Center on the day of the game.

I listened to the NDSU@USD game yesterday. The NDSU defense is going to need the bye week. They are pretty banged up. (I actually believe it and not just that their announcers are crying 'poverty'.) 

That said, the committee gave NDSU no favor with triple-option, run first, pound it Cal Poly against a defense that has some key cogs out due to injury. 

41 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Albany with 2 losses to playoff teams and 2 losses to non-playoff teams. 

For comparison, ISUr with 1 fbs win, 1 win against a playoff team, 2 losses to playoff teams, and 3 losses to non-playoff teams. 

Feel bad for them.

No mention of 8-3 Lehigh staying home? 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I listened to the NDSU@USD game yesterday. The NDSU defense is going to need the bye week. They are pretty banged up. (I actually believe it and not just that their announcers are crying 'poverty'.) 

That said, the committee gave NDSU no favor with triple-option, run first, pound it Cal Poly against a defense that has some key cogs out due to injury. 

I've always thought that passing teams that can protect are the bigger threat to NDSU.  The teams that beat them over the last few years, or played them tough like Montana, SDSU and Eastern Washington all have good passing attacks.  Other than that, they always seem to be able to out physical teams, especially some one dimensional MVFC teams.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

I've always thought that passing teams that can protect are the bigger threat to NDSU.  The teams that beat them over the last few years, or played them tough like Montana, SDSU and Eastern Washington all have good passing attacks.  

Watching cal poly vs northern colorado......The bison will destroy the mustangs.

1 minute ago, sprig said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4163416-und-seeded-no-7-first-ever-trip-fcs-playoffs

Since we didn't get video of the team on the ESPNU selection show, here it is at??? Where is that?

BWW. Look at the menus on the tables in the wide shot. ;)

And there was a brief cut of the team during a roll-in from a commercial ... at BWW. 

And I'm proud to say President Mark Kennedy was exactly where he should've been: with the team. :)

7 minutes ago, Feff said:

Fun listening to all of the SDSU fans complaining about being a lower seed than UND.

SDSU 8-3, 1-2 vs playoff teams. 

UND 9-2, 2-0 vs playoff teams. 

I don't see the clear-cut proof that MVFC people are spouting. 

It certainly isn't clear cut, but a win against NDSU is easily better than any win UND has on their resume. No disrespect, just calling it like I see it.

For the record, seeding UND and SDSU is a toss up IMO for the 7 and 8 seeds. Pretty similar resumes. Common opponent Cal Poly likely gave UND the slight edge.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

NDSU's run will end this year, no team with Easton Stick will win a title.  Jacks will pick them off in Fargo.

Not saying I disagree about NDSU's run ending, but Easton Stick will not be the reason. A team lead by Easton Stick would have won the championship last year, so your comment is inaccurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

BWW. Look at the menus on the tables in the wide shot. ;)

And there was a brief cut of the team during a roll-in from a commercial ... at BWW. 

And I'm proud to say President Mark Kennedy was exactly where he should've been: with the team. :)

Guess I missed it