SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

57 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So the DAPL starts at Stanley (north of the lake) goes west to Trenton and then turns south and crosses the Missouri River to go toward Watford City and then southeast toward Standing Roc ... what!?!?!

The DAPL has already crossed the Missouri River upstream of Standing Rock and upstream of Bismarck. (See page 2 of 5)

What's the problem again? 

Ignorance

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Ignorance

It might ignorance on some people but for most of the rent-a-riot crowd protesters it is a life style. Pick up some walking around money smoke dope and think you are saving the world from climate change.  Your right it is ignorance..   :0

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Bismarck/Mandan officials want people to sign up for code red due to the protesters. That's scary, code red is for emergencies so that just tells the severity of these protests. 

.........is that to notify the public of a free celebrity concert? Or a protest potluck get-together? Or a "water fun day" complete with creek wading and water hoses? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LH Golfer said:

I don't think the violence will be between protesters/rioters and law enforcement but between protesters/rioters and some civilian who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets pushed to far.

Probably. Too many innocient people from tourists to ranchers/farmers that are going to get caught in the crossfire. This whole thing needs to end before fatalities happen.

2 hours ago, LH Golfer said:

I don't think the violence will be between protesters/rioters and law enforcement but between protesters/rioters and some civilian who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets pushed to far.

My feeling as well.  These people will get more desperate as cold weather finally pushes in and are going to start pushing things even further.  

44 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

"Kody Kalb, an employee of D's Nuts, said the demonstrators first ignored mall security's request to leave."

Ok, anyone on here from Bismarck area?  Is there really a place in Kirkwood Mall called D's Nuts?  Or is someone just having a little fun with newspaper reporter?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, STS said:

Archambeau's biggest concern is how this will impact business at his gas station/convenience store.It's never been about the water. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

"Kody Kalb, an employee of D's Nuts, said the demonstrators first ignored mall security's request to leave."

Ok, anyone on here from Bismarck area?  Is there really a place in Kirkwood Mall called D's Nuts?  Or is someone just having a little fun with newspaper reporter?

I asked my sister this same question last night.  She confirmed that yes, there's a D's Nuts in the mall.  They sell nuts, of course. :blink:

Nuts need to be banned out there - to many already running around out there

Love the nice weather but a good storm & cold below zero will remove the Riff Raff 

I'd hate to be the Law Enforcement having to endure this - God Bless & Protect them all

How will the Army Corp. enforce their removal ? Also how will Standing Rock deal with them ? So many think this is a modern last Stand

It can't end fast enough

Never have wanted cold & snow before but it would sure help - again hope the good guys are safe & well prepared 

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/shailene-woodley-breaks-down-tears-183000584.html

I am not 100% sure who this "celebrity" is but she blatantly lies in this interview.  "The people" of Bismarck never had an opportunity where to place this pipeline and it is not currently being placed on the reservation.  Also the poor us attitude towards law enforcement is getting old.  All of these people are trespassing and should have been arrested a long time ago.  

Also, where are these "celebrities" to draw attention to the child abuse, neglect, drinking, drug and abuse problems on these same reservations.  Also leadership corruption.  Apparently water is the only problem??

• Upvote 1