SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/standing-rock-sioux-tribe-member-chairman-archambault-balls-hed-tell-protesters-go-home/

"Robert Fool Bear Sr. is a member of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe. In fact, he’s a tribal leader, serving as the district chairman of Cannon Ball, the tribal community located just a few miles from the often unlawful and sometimes violent protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline.

He says not everybody at Standing Rock is in support of the protests."

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I stumbled upon the No DAPL creed: 

So many liberal Facebook friends, that don't know anything about North Dakota, are posting lies about how ND is a fascist state etc, and wants to plow up Indian Sacred Burial Grounds.  Try to reason with them and post news articles about DAPL facts, but they seem to give themselves bonus points for favoring Native People, without knowing the facts.  Some of them are planning to actually come out join the protest and give money and moral support.  But they won't bring jobs, which SR desperately needs.

IMHO, railroads in ND have always been trying to enforce their monopoly position on the state throughout our history.  Railroads had a major impact on state history and politics.  The RR's benefitted  by keeping ND a RR colony, so ND could not grow and develop or be part of the industrial midwest.  History is repeating itself with anti-DAPL.  IMHO, although I don't have proof, BNSF and Warren Buffett are the money behind the anti-DAPL forces, as that RR wants to ensure major profit from oil trains. The anti-DAPL forces grew huge in little time, and that has to be coordinated, which takes money and skills, which Standing Rock doesn't have.

Standing Rock actually signed off was paid for 200k acres of oil rights to a fracking company, so Standing Rock wasn't against fracked oil when drilling and exploration were hot. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

"All they're (protestors) doing is standing up to protect that water." Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Chairman Harold Frazier said.

Ummmmmmmmm.......ok? :huh: 

Did he also mention that they are getting paid to protest?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Phillips 66 has interest in the pipeline and Warren Buffett has considerable interest in Phillips 66.  The Pipeline is going through.

Good point, but Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway owns 15% of Phillips 66, which in turn has a 25% interest in DAPL.  That is a very small effective ownership (effectively under 3.5 %).  Meanwhile, Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway owns 100% of BNSF, which will have a major hit on revenue and earnings when DAPL goes through.  Phillips 66 is mostly the refining and pipeline collection  arm of the former Conoco-Phillips.

It still makes financial sense for BNSF to fund anti-DAPL forces like $100k in an attempt to stop it as BNSF has a lot to lose.  When Keystone didn't go through, BNSF gained considerable traffic, as it can haul the syncrude to the Gulf Coast and haul back diluent, which syncrude needs to go into railcars in order to get it out.  Stopping Keystone was a major victory for BNSF, and it is known that Buffett funded many of the Nebraska environmental groups that came out of the woodwork to oppose Keystone and Buffett funded a good portion of Obama's campaigns.   

There is a California billionaire that wants to stop crude oil production of any kind, so he is likely involved in anti-DAPL, but he also doesn't have much to gain directly.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Good point, but Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway owns 15% of Phillips 66, which in turn has a 25% interest in DAPL.  That is a very small effective ownership (effectively under 3.5 %).  Meanwhile, Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway owns 100% of BNSF, which will have a major hit on revenue and earnings when DAPL goes through.  Phillips 66 is mostly the refining and pipeline collection  arm of the former Conoco-Phillips.

It still makes financial sense for BNSF to fund anti-DAPL forces like $100k in an attempt to stop it as BNSF has a lot to lose.  When Keystone didn't go through, BNSF gained considerable traffic, as it can haul the syncrude to the Gulf Coast and haul back diluent, which syncrude needs to go into railcars in order to get it out.  Stopping Keystone was a major victory for BNSF, and it is known that Buffett funded many of the Nebraska environmental groups that came out of the woodwork to oppose Keystone and Buffett funded a good portion of Obama's campaigns.   

There is a California billionaire that wants to stop crude oil production of any kind, so he is likely involved in anti-DAPL, but he also doesn't have much to gain directly.

I agree Buffett was behind stopping the Keystone.   I'm not so sure about DAPL.  I think more funding is coming from Soros.

Administrator from Mayville State:

I understand a request has been made to share location/check in at Randing Stock. The request is to:
1) make it public
2) make the clarification post separate, and so that only your friends can see it
3) don't clarify on your check in, message friends who say "stay safe!" to let them know what's up -- the stay safe posts are more convincing / confusing for p*lice
4) copy paste to share clarification messages (like this one) because making it public blows our cover
5) say "Randing Stock" in clarification posts so that when they filter out / search those terms, your post is visible to the right people
for context:
"The Morton County Sheriff's Department has been using Facebook check-ins to find out who is at [SR] in order to target them in attempts to disrupt the prayer camps. SO Water Protectors are calling on EVERYONE to check-in at [SR], ND to overwhelm and confuse them. This is concrete action that can protect people putting their bodies and well-beings on the line that we can do without leaving our homes. Will you join me in [SR]?"

9 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

I understand a request has been made to share location/check in at Randing Stock. The request is to:
1) make it public
2) make the clarification post separate, and so that only your friends can see it
3) don't clarify on your check in, message friends who say "stay safe!" to let them know what's up -- the stay safe posts are more convincing / confusing for p*lice
4) copy paste to share clarification messages (like this one) because making it public blows our cover
5) say "Randing Stock" in clarification posts so that when they filter out / search those terms, your post is visible to the right people
for context:
"The Morton County Sheriff's Department has been using Facebook check-ins to find out who is at [SR] in order to target them in attempts to disrupt the prayer camps. SO Water Protectors are calling on EVERYONE to check-in at [SR], ND to overwhelm and confuse them. This is concrete action that can protect people putting their bodies and well-beings on the line that we can do without leaving our homes. Will you join me in [SR]?"

next 2 words he should hear. "You're fired"

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

1) make it public
for context:

I'd bet gfhockey's 401k if one were to track the email chain it would at some point lead back to the UND owned computer in Leigh Jeanotte's office.

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Interesting.  I wonder if they left the jails willingly.  I had heard none of them were bailing themselves out, as one of their objectives was to bankrupt Morton County by racking up costs by remaining in jail.  

40 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if they left the jails willingly.  I had heard none of them were bailing themselves out, as one of their objectives was to bankrupt Morton County by racking up costs by remaining in jail.  

Is that why they are on horseback, to try and bankrupt the oil companies?