SiouxSports.com Forum

Standing Rock Protests

squirtcoach

I unfortunately happened to stumble on TV last night a protestor being interviewed about the last week's events in the camp site area..................................the only fact she got correct in the whole interview was that she actually is NA.

On September 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So, if I go down to Ft. Yates and pitch a tent in the SRST offices claiming that, how long before I'm forceably evicted from tribal land? 

I saw an article that they were requesting tipis to prepare for the frigid temps. I really hope they get some so we can stand back and laugh.

http://time.com/money/4551726/dakota-acess-pipeline-standing-rock-sioux-tribe-devasted-poorest-people/?xid=emailshare

"It's unbelievable what we've done to them"......................................anyone want to guess who is the "we" is in this comment?

Always someone else's fault isn't it?

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

http://time.com/money/4551726/dakota-acess-pipeline-standing-rock-sioux-tribe-devasted-poorest-people/?xid=emailshare

"It's unbelievable what we've done to them"......................................anyone want to guess who is the "we" is in this comment?

Always someone else's fault isn't it?

I was wondering where they got the "facts" for this article. Then I saw whose picture was associated with the article.

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Now Obama has said that the corps is looking into alternative routes for the pipeline.

I guess the best way to make things happen with this administration is to riot, trespass, vandalize property, kill livestock, steal, and shoot at police. What a joke.

After the pipeline is almost complete, Obama wants the route changed?  This will end up costing billions.  The only way it gets finished is if Warren Buffett friends are voted out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

After the pipeline is almost complete, Obama wants the route changed?  This will end up costing billions.  The only way it gets finished is if Warren Buffett friends are voted out.

When will he announce he is "pardoning" all the hooligans arrested from this protest?

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4150535-protesters-police-engaged-standoff-creek-between-camp-pipeline-construction-area

It's getting beyond ridiculous.  These protesters   rioters have been warned to not trespass on private land.  Arrest every one of them that breaks the law.  Doesn't sound to unreasonable.

"Sovereign land"...........it has always been their land.  That is what we'll be hearing next because "we" took that land from them.

Going to inject some international relations into this thread.

Russia depends on oil and nat gas for its economic lifeblood.  Its nat gas pipelines to Europe are a major source of cash and a source of power, as they can threaten to shutdown much of Europe with a closed valve.

The war in Syria may have been brought about by pipeline wars between Qatar/Saudi, which wants a nat gas pipeline through Syria and Turkey to Europe, and Russia/Iran, which don't want another one, as they would be weakened and grow poorer.  Qatar has massive nat gas reserves, but needs to liquefy almost all to export it currently.

Since Assad in Syria needed to go to get the Qatar/Saudi pipeline built there (Assad has long been supported by Russia), the Syrian government needed to be overthrown.  Interesting that Wikileaks showed that Qatar and the Saudis gave the Clinton's boatloads of money, perhaps on the condition that the US help them reach their pipeline goal.  The formation of ISIS was probably a Saudi, Qatari, and US goal that went terribly wrong, as ISIS turned on Iraq rather than much of Assad's western Syria.  Russia moved in to protect Assad, but mainly to protect its economic status through pipelines.  Russia is only friendly with Iran because they both distrust the Qatari s,  Saudis, and American.  It is economic survival that Russia seeks, and that means stopping a Saudi/Qatari pipeline through Syria and Turkey to Europe.  The Saudis responded by not limiting OPEC production, which lowered energy prices all over the world.  Always been told by the media that the Saudis wanted to kill US shale oil, which may be partially true, but their real economic rival in energy is Russia, and natural enemy Iran, and all have the desire to feed Europe energy.

This Pipeline war has spilled over to the US DAPL, as Russians interests allied with Buffett, environmentalists, libtard's, and Indians want to stop it.  And here the Democrats are spouting off about how the Russians are interfering with US elections, but most of them support killing DAPL, which is what Russians and probably even the Saudis want.  None of them have US interests at heart.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, snova4 said:

I'm part of the Nazi gestapo that's been here for months, their (protestor) term not mine. I feel for everyone in this community, Mandan/Bismarck and Standing Rock. Was part of the line of officers nearly shot a week and a half ago, also got to watch the Molotov cocktails get lobbed in. I can't imagine how disruptive this has been to all the innocent citizens in the area. I know how disruptive it's been for my family, and the joke amongst us is that we just need to send our wives down here for a couple days and they'd clear the camp out. It's nice to come on here and see the support for law enforcement. We know it's out there, but we see/hear more horrible crap said to us, than we do the positive, so it's very much appreciated.

Thanks for all you guys are doing doing there. You have a ton of support, and the restraint and calm you've shown is just unreal. Stay safe

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

With the pipeline basically done and just waiting for the permit to cross the river, I have a feeling with the events of last night the prospects of that getting approved just shot up.

I have a feeling the permit will be forthcoming very soon now.  Could Keystone and Sandpiper be back on the table now?

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:36 PM, snova4 said:

I'm part of the Nazi gestapo that's been here for months, their (protestor) term not mine. I feel for everyone in this community, Mandan/Bismarck and Standing Rock. Was part of the line of officers nearly shot a week and a half ago, also got to watch the Molotov cocktails get lobbed in. I can't imagine how disruptive this has been to all the innocent citizens in the area. I know how disruptive it's been for my family, and the joke amongst us is that we just need to send our wives down here for a couple days and they'd clear the camp out. It's nice to come on here and see the support for law enforcement. We know it's out there, but we see/hear more horrible crap said to us, than we do the positive, so it's very much appreciated.

I have a buddy that's a sheriff deputy that's out there too.

Thank you doesn't began to express the gratitude I have for what you're doing out there or every other day.

• Upvote 2