SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Seawolves

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, BostonSiouxFan said:

It's only one game and I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but my excitement and optimism for this season was crushed  tonight. I will continue to support the team all year, but I think tonight proved that this is not a playoff team.

As upset, pissed, and dissappointed as I am.....I'm not giving up on the season either, but like you I am tempering my expectations more than they were before.  However I won't say that we can't be or won't improve to the point that we are a playoff type team this year.  We looked like really bad against Drake in the second quarter last year......and against NDSU.......and we improved a lot later in the year.  We'll have the chance to turn it around, but that was a really ugly game and I am definitely concerned about the season. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

In my eyes, the hurt of tonight isn't so much about people jumping off the ship, it's about people not jumping on the ship. They needed to create that excitement in the rest of the community to get them to start attending games. They have actually had some buzz around town, but this doesn't help keep that going.  If people on this site have already lost some of that excitement, you can bet the casual fan has too. 

Yup, I talked three friends into joining me in buying season tix. They were expecting more than this and next week could be great, but this is not the start that keeps the momentum going.

I don't think the season is over after this first game. Not even close. If the offense can get it together they can make a game out of BG. We need to get rid of these early jitters. Look at our game last year against a top defense as in NDSU. They made us look down right foolish. This game was no different. We need to get back on track and get the offense going. We easily could have won this game but now we need to play better the rest of the year. Thank baby Jesus that we have a great defense!

• Upvote 1

I realize we probably need 8 wins to get in the playoffs, but let's give this team a chance. Everyone says how much they like the coaching (until we lose) so if the coaches are good we will get better week to week and those 8 wins are still out there for us to get. Not excited after tonight, but I will remain optimistic for at least a few more weeks to early to call the season a waste. (If this post sounds stupid I have been drinking for a while today, but you get the point.)

They score on a fumble recovered and in the end zone and a blocked punt. 

We fumble at the one and fail to scoop and score on a great opportunity. 

This team needs to learn to create opportunities and capitalize.  

QB needs to show up next week as well.  

• Upvote 1

I made the comment a couple of days ago....I wasn't as worried about winning on the road as last year after beating Wyoming and Portland St..  But I also said we could kind of go in and let it all hang out last year as we weren't expected to win against Wyoming.  But we were favored to win this....so would we be able to handle the expectations.  It turns out we couldn't.  Yes SB has a very good defense......but the offense laid a big fat egg, there is just no getting around that.   I guess the guys maybe believed all the hype and thought they could just show up, the offense certainly didn't play with a chip on their shoulder.  The only damn good thing that may come out of this is......it better piss them off and get that chip back on their shoulder.  After that first drive.....the defense did play well, but I will be concerned when we play passing games.