SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Seawolves

geaux_sioux

UND can beat BG if they can run the ball. BG lost a lot of weapons and will not be the same as we saw in their Bowl game. UND need to take advantage of that and attack them. If UND can hang with other FBS teams they can hang with this one. Georges' injury looked bad but next man up. Bubba will get this straightened out. You can't win them all even a NC team can have a loss or two.

I want to be positive and there is a TON of great things on the D side of the ball. Lots of depth; I couldn't keep track of all the guys who had nice plays besides Reyes. Labat was very good, Donnell Rodgers has that speed on the edge and Greely was in lots of sack situations.

But realistically, they could be 0-2 after next week and SDSU is gonna be tough in Potato Bowl. That's a hard way to start a season.

Can't let the punt get blocked.  Didn't watch, only listened, not sure what punt formation they're even using but it can't happen in a close low scoring game where TDs are tough to come by.  

Hopefully this doesn't destroy their home opener attendance.  Gotta regroup and find a way to beat BG. 

Rudolph was not great. He DID NOT cost them the game.

Punt Block sucks! But the punter had some nice kicks too.

There was not a single reason we lost this game. In the end SB outplayed us. We better learn from it or it will be a long season. I think we will. BUT now we must win 1 if not the next 2.

I am disappointed with how we started. It looked like we didn't prepare or scout SB until half time. We knew their strength and did nothing to try to outsmart or outplay it. Not a good showing overall by UND. Definitely  not a Wyoming type showing.

5 minutes ago, shep said:

I want to be positive and there is a TON of great things on the D side of the ball. Lots of depth; I couldn't keep track of all the guys who had nice plays besides Reyes. Labat was very good, Donnell Rodgers has that speed on the edge and Greely was in lots of sack situations.

But realistically, they could be 0-2 after next week and SDSU is gonna be tough in Potato Bowl. That's a hard way to start a season.

You mean USD. Big difference in quality there.

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I would have to think they know that.   Stony brought a different package and it worked.   Congrats to them.   

I would have thought so too. But only a couple rushers were touched prior to reaching the 3 guys lined up in the backfield. 

1 minute ago, Irish said:

It kills me to say this, but one thing separating us from the championship team down south is that their quarterbacks show up for big games - starters and back-ups.  How long have we been having QB problems?

It's one game. Man, a lot of people jumping off the ship already. ???

• Upvote 2

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

The thing is, we won't know how good SB is until four to five games in. Same thing with our team or any other.

Correct........I meant I heard the exact same thing the last time we played them in GF.

• Upvote 1

It's only one game and I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but my excitement and optimism for this season was crushed  tonight. I will continue to support the team all year, but I think tonight proved that this is not a playoff team.

The offense looks like a group Rudolph would have had at Minot State. Studsrud regressed from last year and the O-line didn't give the RBs a chance all night. Add the loss of Clive, and I don't know how this team scores.

BG is a guaranteed loss, and USD just became a MUST WIN.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You mean USD. Big difference in quality there.

Very big difference in quality.  USD smoked the Bison last year whereas SDSU laid down and got beat.  USD game will show what our guys have in them.  No reason not to win though