SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Seawolves

geaux_sioux

On 9/2/2016 at 11:49 AM, Thumper 76 said:

Well, now I know this board is pretty much bisonville with a !@#!$ team. At least you'll be able to whine about not making the playoffs for as long as bison fans have whined about the bill Fette call. Except it doesn't look like your team is going to have a positive response to it. 

Kind of like SDSU and UNI fans definitively claiming that if they didn't have to go through Fargo every year they would be in the national championship game.  Every year.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:35 AM, Blackheart said:

Note to self....its ok to like BOTH football AND hockey.  If people are checking out on football already, they probably weren't that big a pigskin fan in the first place.

Note to you.....I agree with you as I have season tickets to both teams. I just hate to see some people throwing in the towel after one freaking game.

As for the second part of your comment, that is a problem that needs to be solved. We need to get people excited about FB again, like back in the early 2000's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Note to you.....I agree with you as I have season tickets to both teams. I just hate to see some people throwing in the towel after one freaking game.

As for the second part of your comment, that is a problem that needs to be solved. We need to get people excited about FB again, like back in the early 2000's.

First, I don't think many (any?) have thrown in the towel yet. I, like many others who watched last week's game, was disappointed. I expressed. Now it's time to move on.

I also have season tix, but I'm puzzled who the "we" is in your sentence. If the team can't get people excited, I don't think that we can do much outside of them. I did get 3 others to buy season tix with me, so I guess I did get some others excited for the season.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't think people are throwing in the towel after one game. (most people anyway) It's just what we had hoped to see the first game of the year wasn't what we actually saw. The expectations people had for this team going into the year are an indication that people want to get excited about football again. It's going to take wins and playoff games to get everyone on board again.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well there's nothing like rooting for a winner...it just makes it that much easier, especially for your fair-weather fan types.

On 9/5/2016 at 8:11 PM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I don't think people are throwing in the towel after one game. (most people anyway) It's just what we had hoped to see the first game of the year wasn't what we actually saw. The expectations people had for this team going into the year are an indication that people want to get excited about football again. It's going to take wins and playoff games to get everyone on board again.

Your comment regarding expectations is spot on, and not simply from a fan perspective.  To have that performance when the offseason mantra is #LeaveNoDoubt, it continues to foster more doubt.

But, there's a chance to erase that this week.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2016 at 1:28 PM, siouxfan512 said:

If you saw, he was already being brought down. He wasn't going to carry the defenders for another 4 or 5 yards to get into the endzone. Aside from putting himself into a vulnerable situation where he gets seriously injured, he fully extended the ball out in front of him. He basically handed the football to the defender. Gotta secure the ball.

I'm not opposed to fighting for extra yards, but you have to take care of the football.

After seeing the replay, I'm going to go ahead and back peddle on my comments on Clive. That all happened so fast, and watching the replay on UND Sports Extra was much more clear. I think Clive probably figured he was already down when he started stretching out a bit. Just an unfortunate spot for the kid to be in. Nice tackle by the D, but Clive really just got pulled on top of the defender and put in a bad spot. Definitely a little different than I remember seeing it the first time around.

Also seeing he lower leg bend and wiggle like that was disgusting. Can't imagine the pain. 

Anyone know if he will have a chance for a medical reshirt? Or if they will even apply for one?

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

After seeing the replay, I'm going to go ahead and back peddle on my comments on Clive. That all happened so fast, and watching the replay on UND Sports Extra was much more clear. I think Clive probably figured he was already down when he started stretching out a bit. Just an unfortunate spot for the kid to be in. Nice tackle by the D, but Clive really just got pulled on top of the defender and put in a bad spot. Definitely a little different than I remember seeing it the first time around.

Also seeing he lower leg bend and wiggle like that was disgusting. Can't imagine the pain. 

Anyone know if he will have a chance for a medical reshirt? Or if they will even apply for one?

Medical rs could be a possibility because of the amount of time he missed last year as well. Who knows, it seems like it's a case by case basis.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Medical rs could be a possibility because of the amount of time he missed last year as well. Who knows, it seems like it's a case by case basis.

fingers crossed for the kid. He deserves one full season here, and UND could definitely use him.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Those that played see things differently than guys that didn't.  It doesn't make them any better/worse fans, they just see things with the past experience of playing.  I spoke with a former UND WR, played in the 00's.  He said anytime you go back into the middle as a WR be prepared to take a shot.  He said he cringed on 2 plays with Clive, both were times when he caught the ball and cut back into the middle.  The 1st time he came up holding his hip, the 2nd time was the unfortunate leg injury.  Gotta give Clive credit for playing fearless but not sure what's best for the team in these situations.  He was a valuable deep threat for 3 quarters out of a 44 quarter regular season.