SiouxSports.com Forum

The All Important Polls

geaux_sioux

30 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

UND should be top 8 no problem with a UCA loss. I see the MVFC chest pumping down in Fargo for baby brother SDSU has already started if they beat UNI. 

Really? B/c they beat a below .500 UNI team puts them ahead of  UND? The same UNI that lost to USD who UND beat the same UNI team who lost to Montana who lost 4 games in the conference UND just ran through. 

Oh and the same SDSU who is 8-3 vs. a 9-2 UND when UND has a better record vs common opponents. 

The MVFC tunnel vision really gets old.

A-&$%#@*!-MEN

Everyone should keep an eye on Richmond vs. Bill & Mary. It's a rivalry game so chance for an upset. I noticed the paper said to watch the UCA & SDSU games but I think they should've said UCA & Richmond. We get a loss by either and we're top 8. Miller shouldn't let Izzo's love affair with all things MVFC get in the way of facts.

2 games we need a loss from and neither involve SDSU.

22 minutes ago, Westside said:

With a likely loss to North Carolina, does current #6 The Citadel drop out of top 8? They would be 10-1 with loss to UNC... hard to see them penalized much with a loss to a pretty good FBS team in last week. 

Losing to FBS teams like UNC won't hurt you. 

If UCA loses I expect UND to be seeded. I'm just not sure beating a 5-6 UNI team is going to excite the committee much unless SDSU really put a thumping on them. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

At this point I'm starting to expect it. Also, UND will be sent on the road to Montana in first round (don't care how terrible they are on road, WaGriz is a tough place to win). It'll be quite the screw job.  

If this happens we might as well get a big condom if we keep getting screwed like that.

40 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Appears to me that SOC was a criteria the committee focused on this week. Since we have not beat any teams that have 7 wins yet, or lost to any teams with winning records, I think we are given a generous spot.

But you would be ok with SDSU jumping two spots by beating a 5-6 UNI team?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nodak651 said:

We also need to cheer for Montana to lose, obviously.  If Montana loses and SDSU wins, we will pretty much be guaranteed a home playoff game in the first round if we are not seeded.

Have you seen the Cats play? 

..........and the game is in Missoula. 

1 hour ago, mooncountry said:

Some are saying UNI could sneak in if they beat sdsu. So I could see sdsu leapfrog und if sdsu beats UNI. We'd really know how much scheduling strength matters then

Still have to win the games on the schedule.  Back to quality losses. 

Were there any surprises from the selection committee last night? Especially in the 7-10 spots? Maybe Central Arkansas jumping Richmond, but everybody had to figure that UND would be 9 and SDSU would be 10, right? So, the committee's rankings come out, like most had to have expected and all of a sudden it appears SDSU is a lock to jump UND with a win over a team that would end up being a game under 500?

What changed between Tuesday (day) and after the updated committee selections came out? I guess I'll wait to see what the national guys have to say, but found the local reporters reactions really weird. Were they surprised SDSU was #10?

If SDSU would jump UND with a win, wouldn't it make more sense to just put them #9 this week? Would make everything less messy. Maybe it's a how the game is played situation. If SDSU wins by 6 or less, than they'll stay behind UND. If they win big, then they'd jump. I'd really like someone that knows what's going on to break down the scenarios.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

When #7 UCA losses and UND then still stays at #9 come Sunday it'll be the Fix 2.0.

Who knows how it'll end up, but I'll have a huge problem if this scenario plays out.

I think there's an argument for both UND and SDSU to get the #8 seed, it's basically a coin flip. It wouldn't be so much with SDSU getting the seed that would be infuriating, it'd be with them jumping UND to get it. It would be them beating a team that would be 5-6, while UND had a bye. If you think they have the better overall resume, then you vote them #9 this week and I have no problem with it.