36. Southern Utah
  37. Grambling
  38. Indiana St
  39. Eastern Illinois
  40. Stony Brook
  41. San Diego
  42. Furman
  43. Weber St

So basically we need to do everything possible to kick NAUs ass.

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

This is reaffirming my belief that big Sky champion auto bid is the way to go. I just don't trust the people making these decisions!

Then we need to win out and have EWU stumble, because IF we both finish 8-0, the Sagarin rating will be the tie breaker, giving EWU the autobid.  Of course if we finish 8-0 we will obviously be in.  l think we are pretty good where we are sitting now, but I'd say one more win guarantees us a spot.  Finish strong in these last two games and I still think we have a shot at getting a seed.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Then we need to win out and have EWU stumble, because IF we both finish 8-0, the Sagarin rating will be the tie breaker, giving EWU the autobid.

I am aware of that. Even if we are the 4th ranked big Sky team in the polls, an auto bid leaves no doubt. Of course, that assumes UND takes care of business the next two weeks. I will rooting for Cal Poly this next week. 

20 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Then we need to win out and have EWU stumble, because IF we both finish 8-0, the Sagarin rating will be the tie breaker, giving EWU the autobid.  Of course if we finish 8-0 we will obviously be in.  l think we are pretty good where we are sitting now, but I'd say one more win guarantees us a spot.  Finish strong in these last two games and I still think we have a shot at getting a seed.

Need to win the last 2 regular season games. Would be huge for playoff positioning. 

Go Fighting Hawks!

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I am aware of that. Even if we are the 4th ranked big Sky team in the polls, an auto bid leaves no doubt. Of course, that assumes UND takes care of business the next two weeks. I will rooting for Cal Poly this next week. 

A couple ways to look at it. Biggest thing is if UND is 8-3 or 9-2 they are in. I 100% guarantee it. 7-4 and they are bubble. 

With that said at 9-2 I don't care if we are the auto or not we will be in the 6-11 range nationally and will have a "shot," at a top 8 seed and bye. That would be HUGE. If Poly closes out with the same record they'all be in that conversation. A poly loss knocks them out. 

Main point is whether we are big sky co champs or not who cares. 9-2 has a shot at a top 8 seed. Way bigger deal than whether we are co champs or get the auto bid.

Check Don Izzos top 8 this week and my guess is Craig Haley has us top 10 in his power poll. 9-2 and we have a shot at top 8. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I agree. Win the next two, sit at 9-2 undefeated in big sky with a 9 game win streak is pretty impressive.

With sdsu losing yesterday, that opens a seed for someone.  

seeds how I currently see it: 

1- ndsu

2- ewu

3- sam Houston

4-jax st

5 citadel

6- Richmond 

7-jmu

8- charleston? 

Chattanooga, und, nova and Youngstown just below. 

a lot of games left.  

10 minutes ago, Dagger said:

In post game chatter by Fargo Media yesterday they were wondering whether UNI would still be in the playoffs even after their 5th loss yesterday.  How many times does UNI have to lose before they are eliminated from playoff conversation?

At 6-5 I bet they still get in. 

12 minutes ago, Dagger said:

In post game chatter by Fargo Media yesterday they were wondering whether UNI would still be in the playoffs even after their 5th loss yesterday.  How many times does UNI have to lose before they are eliminated from playoff conversation?

Seems like a reoccurring theme, I think UNI really seems to only care about beating its FBS neighbors.

12 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I agree. Win the next two, sit at 9-2 undefeated in big sky with a 9 game win streak is pretty impressive.

With sdsu losing yesterday, that opens a seed for someone.  

seeds how I currently see it: 

1- ndsu

2- ewu

3- sam Houston

4-jax st

5 citadel

6- Richmond 

7-jmu

8- charleston? 

Chattanooga, und, nova and Youngstown just below. 

a lot of games left.  

This is spot on. JMU and Richmond also play each other. If Poly wins out they'd also be in the mix. Think that's why I'll take EWU winning next week B/c they'd have to lose 2 to drop out of top 8. Loss for Poly and they are out of top 8 consideration. Let's just win our two and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

This is spot on. JMU and Richmond also play each other. If Poly wins out they'd also be in the mix. Think that's why I'll take EWU winning next week B/c they'd have to lose 2 to drop out of top 8. Loss for Poly and they are out of top 8 consideration. Let's just win our two and see what happens.

I want Poly to beat EWU and Weber to beat Poly. Makes our schedule and wins look stronger.

17 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I want Poly to beat EWU and Weber to beat Poly. Makes our schedule and wins look stronger.

You are right that this would be UNDs best scenario. Even better would be EWU losing twice but I don't see that happening. 

UND needs to win out for any of this to matter but the best way to describe it is that there are about 14 teams vying for the top 8. Any of them losing and UND winning out is good. Therefore no matter how EWU vs Poly shakes out it'll be good for UND because one will lose.

1 hour ago, bang said:

At 6-5 I bet they still get in. 

In order for them to finish 6-5 they would have to beat SDSU.  That would put SDSU at four losses.  There will be a lot of shake up in the MVFC and the Big Sky in the last three weeks.   

It would be fun for UND to win out and be a spectator the final week.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

As good as the fans and team probably feel right now, this team could still finish 7-4 and miss the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm nervous about the last two games, especially if Studsrud isn't 100%.  Defense is going to have to come up huge again these last two games, with or without a healthy Studsrud.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Yeah, I'm nervous about the last two games, especially if Studsrud isn't 100%.  Defense is going to have to come up huge again these last two games, with or without a healthy Studsrud.

The guys are already beat up and tired, now they to travel to mile high and play a high octane team. N colo game scares me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

UNI, at 3-5, ranked ahead of Montana, South Dakota, and Youngstown, along with most of the rest of the country, tells me all I care to know about the Sagarin rankings. 

But look at all those moral victories and quality losses.