283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Melodramatic to be sure, though the fact that the university feels in needs to censor negative opinions by it athletes makes them look a bit pa

I'm not too sure it was the University or his coaches telling him to think about what he did. 

3 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Well I think the thing to keep in mind with the Bennett Brien Hawk logo is that it is a just a concept, if they had hired him to do the new logo their would have likely be several more permutations before submitted a final design or designs. It would have been the same thing with the  other concepts submitted its likely that they would have made some adjustments to their original ideas. I think the Storrusten logo nailed the clean modern thing far better than SME did. As for the whole feathers thing... I honestly think that that in a few years it will be less of an issue then people think. But you could probably adjust the design slightly on the first logo to make it look like a wing and you'd be okay, as for the second one just remove the feathers (also tone down the agressive features on the eyes and beak).

fc966a32002813.567b6e9256974.png

fighting+hawks.PNG

They' re both cool looking but I like the first one a little better for some reason. The green one would've never past cuz the way the feathers are hanging off the head it looks to NA. I was gonna type out the 2 words but I thought that was swearing.

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

They' re both cool looking but I like the first one a little better for some reason. The green one would've never past cuz the way the feathers are hanging off the head it looks to NA. I was gonna type out the 2 words but I thought that was swearing.

The first one is infinitely better but neither would fly. Again, head dress on a bird. I think it looks dumb and the admin wouldn't allow it for being native imagery. Also it doesn't make sense.

I don't remember how the interlocking logo rebrand went, but we ended up with a few versions of it. Does anyone remember if they were all released as a part of the rebrand or did they just adapt them as needed to work with new uniforms or other applications? This logo will be very limited if they don't allow outlines or color variations. 

4 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I know there is this silly narrative that if you don't like whatever the hell you call what sme did you wouldn't like anything other than the sioux head but if they would have chosen this logo I truly believe it would go along way to make this all better. It is a great logo that doesn't look like it should be on the side of a company truck and it feels like it could be a North Dakota logo (sme tried to make it a North Dakota logo in about the most forced way possible). But again the fact that a bird has feathers and Indians have feathers means this is way out of bounds. I was hoping Schafer would try to at least pump the brakes on this runaway train but he did not. 

I'm holding out that this is just a sacrificial logo that will get us past this phase where we pick logo and names to make every one but members of the school and state happy and then we can regroup and put something real and meaningful into place. 

6 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Well I think the thing to keep in mind with the Bennett Brien Hawk logo is that it is a just a concept, if they had hired him to do the new logo their would have likely be several more permutations before submitted a final design or designs. It would have been the same thing with the  other concepts submitted its likely that they would have made some adjustments to their original ideas. I think the Storrusten logo nailed the clean modern thing far better than SME did. As for the whole feathers thing... I honestly think that that in a few years it will be less of an issue then people think. But you could probably adjust the design slightly on the first logo to make it look like a wing and you'd be okay, as for the second one just remove the feathers (also tone down the agressive features on the eyes and beak).

fighting+hawks.PNG

Apparently I am in the minority, but I think that the second one is significantly better than the first one. I am not sure what it is, but I just don't like the first one very much. The second one, if you are the state out and give it less curve on the beak would be my vote.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The first one is infinitely better but neither would fly. Again, head dress on a bird. I think it looks dumb and the admin wouldn't allow it for being native imagery. Also it doesn't make sense.

This one looks like a head dress because the picture is squished, I don't think it looks that way when it's not 

11 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Apparently I am in the minority, but I think that the second one is significantly better than the first one. I am not sure what it is, but I just don't like the first one very much. The second one, if you are the state out and give it less curve on the beak would be my vote.

I agree.  First one has too much Philadelphia Eagles too it.

On 6/25/2016 at 0:21 PM, nodakgirl93 said:

Maybe the next president will allow students to create a second and third logo that we all can agree on. 

A logo everyone can agree on? Haha, good luck with that. The problem for a big number of UND fans is that any new logo is not the Sioux logo, so they'll never accept it. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Maybe it has just grown on me over the past few days, but I would take UND's new logo over either of these concept logos. I just wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the interlocking logo. Quite unexpected. 

Agreed.  Nice to have both like they did before for shoulder patches, etc.

7 hours ago, zonadub said:

Well, you are correct. but it is a good one that would be a unique Hawk logo. I voted for Roughriders, but only because this one was taken away.

image.jpeg

I voted for rough riders as well, it would have been easier to come up with something unique for the logo, but we are stuck with fighting hawks for the foreseeable future so best not to dwell on it. My bet is that the SME logo won't last as the primary logo for very long, and I would also guess the it will never be used except as a very small shoulder patch on the hockey Jerseys (if at all). I would speculate the the alumni foundation will get pressure to start looking for an alternative logo just like they did with the last Sioux logo.

1 hour ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I voted for rough riders as well, it would have been easier to come up with something unique for the logo, but we are stuck with fighting hawks for the foreseeable future so best not to dwell on it. My bet is that the SME logo won't last as the primary logo for very long, and I would also guess the it will never be used except as a very small shoulder patch on the hockey Jerseys (if at all). I would speculate the the alumni foundation will get pressure to start looking for an alternative logo just like they did with the last Sioux logo.

We've seen a couple really cool logos floating around yet we end up with the most bland looking thing. literally a couple lines drawn and some color. A junior high student could've drawn that and been rich right now

1 minute ago, tho0505 said:

Anyone else notice the new logo and wording is removed from the UND website?   Is this something or just wishful thinking on my part?

Just checked it is unfortunately still there. They won't give up on it this early.