283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

57 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You seemed to have completely missed the part where I said 'I'm sick of this crap' and let's move forward.

b39cf532_712657d1337394705-need-some-help-identifying-watch-what-gen-seamaster-thanks-point_over_your_head.jpeg

Then why did you add the "whatever you want to call them " part?  They have a nickname. 

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Who are the people that like it and have relegated it to "shoulder patch status"?   Seems the opposite to me.

At least one of the hockey players did, in a tweet.  Sorry, I don't remember who it was.  If it's important, I'll find the tweet and post it.

2 minutes ago, Sioux-cia said:

I don't see our State's initials. I see 'NO ' with a hawks  head bisecting it>>>No Hawks.  

It's done. We're stuck with it but I don't have to like it. I support the school.  I support the athletes.  I hate the new logo.  I have enough Sioux gear to last my lifetime and I'm going to continue to wear it.

Awesome!  I personally don't see "No"..... but whatever.  Go UND!

6 minutes ago, Sioux-cia said:

At least one of the hockey players did, in a tweet.  Sorry, I don't remember who it was.  If it's important, I'll find the tweet and post it.

Gage Ausmus said that.  I also don't see a clear ND in the logo.  I see a NP moreso than anything else.  Another frustrating this about this new look logo, it isn't even clearly ND or a hawk. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Sioux-cia said:

I stated... who are the people that like it and said that.  'Like it'.  

18 hours ago, Sioux-cia said:

I don't see our State's initials. I see 'NO ' with a hawks  head bisecting it>>>No Hawks.  

It's done. We're stuck with it but I don't have to like it. I support the school.  I support the athletes.  I hate the new logo.  I have enough Sioux gear to last my lifetime and I'm going to continue to wear it.

Well stated and exactly where I stand.

50 minutes ago, sprig said:

His soapbox is gone,  and he's trying to build a new one

I guess he can write in to the Herald now and tell us how much better life on the reservation is now that the Sioux name is gone.  That all the problems that the nickname created have been fixed now that the University has retired the new name.  Should be riveting!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yes he's thankful they've removed such a negative stereotype from the public - a logo that was honored and respected by an institution of higher learning. Hope he can now spend his time on all the secondary problems Native Americans face. I'm sure he will. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Does he really think he and his opinion represents all of the tribal members? He makes it sound like there is no support on Spirit Lake for the Sioux nickname.

Am I racist if his diatribe now makes me like the new logo even less?

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I believe they call it sarcasm.  Based on the fact Longie used the word racist/racism 72 times in the article.

Figured so but with some here you never know............quite a few like to dangle that term on this site. An emoji would have helped just for clarification.

...........carry on.

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Figured so but with some here you never know............quite a few like to dangle that term on this site. An emoji would have helped just for clarification.

...........carry on.

I guess the true mark of good sarcasm is getting neg repped by mksioux. Hooray for me.