283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

16 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

When I read this I wondered if he was being sarcastic... if he is serious then he needs a reality check. I honestly have hit burn out on the nickname thing. That said UND can keep the Hawks merch, I will keep my Fighting Sioux gear.

I'm thinking he's being sarcastic.

21 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

This is one of the most idiotic things I've seen written in the Hurled, and that says a lot.  1.  Most fans with Sioux gear will never part with it, and 2.  Why would UND even contemplate a repurchase to bolster the new name and logo? 

On July 14, 2016 at 7:50 PM, ArchyAlum11 said:

When I read this I wondered if he was being sarcastic... if he is serious then he needs a reality check. I honestly have hit burn out on the nickname thing. That said UND can keep the Hawks merch, I will keep my Fighting Sioux gear.

Yeah, what's the conversion rate anyway?  For each piece of Sioux gear returned you get 25 FHawk items? :)

On 7/15/2016 at 11:23 AM, Fetch said:

I really want to give this a chance & not be a hater

I will always wear my Sioux gear with pride but they are possibly screwing this up if they don't listen in these final stages to get it right

I know many are tired of it all & now new decision makers want it over with but they are close & should not stop now

What final stages? The logo is done. 

7 hours ago, 77iceman said:

Not trying to pick a fight . . . but that's a funny post considering your avatar is a modified version of the new logo. :huh:

:)

I set it when I was playing around with the different colors, hoping the bird was negative space.

I think the current logo is fine but I wish they had implemented some of the changes we have seen here.  I know they would never take message board examples to come up with something new but I wish they had made it a little more detailed off the bat. 

Who knows, if they update it in 3-5 years, they could do some of the adjustments we have seen here. 

6 minutes ago, southpaw said:

:)

I set it when I was playing around with the different colors, hoping the bird was negative space.

I think the current logo is fine but I wish they had implemented some of the changes we have seen here.  I know they would never take message board examples to come up with something new but I wish they had made it a little more detailed off the bat. 

Who knows, if they update it in 3-5 years, they could do some of the adjustments we have seen here. 

I actually like the concept of new logo . . . but i messed around with adding the black tips to the feathers and a black outline.  I felt it added just a little depth, made that black on the hawk's neck a little more valid, and kept the hawk from looking so much like a bald eagle.

I can't see the logo changing at all any time soon.  I know that "not liking it" is the cool thing to do, but for me, I'm a newbie fan of UND . . . not exactly "Sioux Forever".

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211071792

You made the decision to put the new Fighting Hawk logo on the helmets this season, what motivated you to do that?
“We know who we want to be and we know what we want to represent. We feel like we have a coaching staff and players that really want to be a part of something special at the University of North Dakota. 

Right now, we are entering a new era and I think it’s an opportunity for our program to be leaders as we enter this era. We always respect the past and we talk about that a lot within our program because it is one that has a rich, proud and winning tradition. 

Now, we have a new name and that is not going to change how we approach our day-to-day tasks, how we feel about our University, how we feel about our program and the responsibility we carry in representing this institution."

--------------------------------------

This is the type of attitude that all UND coaches, student athletes, and fans need to have when dealing with the new name and logo.  Bubba has always been a consistent reminder of what the focus of UND athletics should be.  Well said  Bubba. 

• Upvote 1

Rebranding...it happens with frequency these days...the MN Timberwolves are contemplating a rebrand...with new color variations and change with the 'Wolf' design.....the trend is away from the 'heavy' looking logo, which the former UND logo was, to a cleaner, simpler look....Look at the rebrand of various NHL, NBA and NFL teams...as well as many major college teams....Who can keep up with the Oregon Ducks????? You will see the clean, simple look......

Refreshing to hear/read of coach Bubba's statements about moving ahead and embracing the new look/image....Time for 'puck-suck' crowd to do so also....Coach Berry seems like a good guy, but perhaps is being held hostage by those who like to live in the past...BTW....love this site....but how about a 'rebranding'????????

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

49 minutes ago, John W. said:

Rebranding...it happens with frequency these days...the MN Timberwolves are contemplating a rebrand...with new color variations and change with the 'Wolf' design.....the trend is away from the 'heavy' looking logo, which the former UND logo was, to a cleaner, simpler look....Look at the rebrand of various NHL, NBA and NFL teams...as well as many major college teams....Who can keep up with the Oregon Ducks????? You will see the clean, simple look......

Refreshing to hear/read of coach Bubba's statements about moving ahead and embracing the new look/image....Time for 'puck-suck' crowd to do so also....Coach Berry seems like a good guy, but perhaps is being held hostage by those who like to live in the past...BTW....love this site....but how about a 'rebranding'????????

Puck Suck?  Wtf is that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 7/14/2016 at 4:57 PM, UNDBIZ said:

First, it's not profiteering if they have no choice.

Second, Sioux stuff is typically now worth more to other fans or on eBay than its original purchase price, unless you've already worn it out.

Third, almost all teams rebrand from time to time to renew interest in a team, but it's a rare "fan" who considers his older "throwback" jersey obsolete.

Fourth, you bought any Sioux merchandise willingly and in an arm's length transaction because that's what you wanted, not because there was some 50 year guarantee of future use or relevance of the message imprinted thereon. 

Fifth, VW outright cheated government regulations (not to mention the environment), and were blatantly dishonest.  The University, in contrast, has gone beyond what most would consider prudent in trying to retain the "Sioux" nickname and logos.