1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Looks like an "O" to me as well.

Considering you hate the name and logo, I am not surprised.  Not sure how the hell anyone could realistically think that looks like an 'O' but whatever.  Carry on with the negativity!  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Looks kind of like a Q I guess too.  But since our state initials are ND, I guess one can assume that it is a D.

Unless you aren't from North Dakota...which this logo was trying to get away from the ND Notre Dame logo and Sioux logo and have a recognizable logo. This isn't clearly ND, from a distance (which is usually how logos are viewed) it looks like NO or NP.  

5 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

... or NP.  

That's why you clean up that bottom right corner of the "N". Make the "ND" pop a little more, or put the hawk on an outline of the state*. 

*Yes, the geographically challenged won't get it.

30 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Unless you aren't from North Dakota...which this logo was trying to get away from the ND Notre Dame logo and Sioux logo and have a recognizable logo. This isn't clearly ND, from a distance (which is usually how logos are viewed) it looks like NO or NP.  

The Brien Sioux logo wasn't recognizable to anyone when it first came out.  But UND built brand recognition and eventually people recognized the Sioux logo as being UND.  Same will happen to this logo.  Give it time. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Considering you hate the name and logo, I am not surprised.  Not sure how the hell anyone could realistically think that looks like an 'O' but whatever.  Carry on with the negativity!  

By most sources, the majority of our fans hate the name and logo so I have lots of company.  I guess venting = negativity.  My support for the University and its athletic teams has not changed. 

• Upvote 2

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4073716-letter-und-should-replace-fans-sioux-gear-hawks-gear

UND should be required to buy back the officially licensed Fighting Sioux gear that the university made millions from.

At the very least, the university should replace existing Fighting Sioux gear with new Fighting Hawks gear, enabling the transition.

FHawk off, Mark.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

By most sources, the majority of our fans hate the name and logo so I have lots of company.  I guess venting = negativity.  My support for the University and its athletic teams has not changed. 

Still venting? Plenty of therapists around.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

When I read this I wondered if he was being sarcastic... if he is serious then he needs a reality check. I honestly have hit burn out on the nickname thing. That said UND can keep the Hawks merch, I will keep my Fighting Sioux gear.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Still venting? Plenty of therapists around.

Feel free to start a new rah rah thread about how great the new name and logo is.  This is a reaction thread to the new logo and I have plenty of company of fans that don't like it.  If we feel like pissing and moaning about it, this thread is a good spot.  Tweak it all you want, most of us think it just plain stinks...three weeks later!

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I mean I'm as much in the move on camp as i can possibly be but this guy can't be serious.

I think you guys are taking his writing wrong. It's more of a complaint to UND, maybe not doing enough to fight for the Sioux name because they have an opportunity to make a sh*t load of money off both. IMO thats what he meant. My feelings are you couldn't pry his Sioux gear away from him either.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We looking at the same logo?  Since when do O's have corners?!!

Fighting Hawks.jpg

Since when are D's solid?  I did see one rendering where there was some open space in the middle of the D and it looked much better...well, it looked more like a D anyway.

• Upvote 2

I really want to give this a chance & not be a hater

I will always wear my Sioux gear with pride but they are possibly screwing this up if they don't listen in these final stages to get it right

I know many are tired of it all & now new decision makers want it over with but they are close & should not stop now

• Upvote 1