283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

32 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

He basically lumps everyone who had different opinions about the old nickname and logo and labels them as "racist".  The guy needs to lighten up.  All that bitterness isn't healthy

But racism is a buzz topic right now.  He has to stay relevant somehow.  Otherwise, what else can he complain about?!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dagies said:

Was it yours?  I thought it was pretty good....

Just in general, I didn't really see any "oh hell yeah!" ideas.  The one I liked best was probably that tribal thunderbird image that was put out there a long time ago, but with the style of imagery, it wouldn't "fly" with the NCAA anyway.

On 7/4/2016 at 0:08 PM, Milford torgerson said:

The bobcat logo is pretty blah but so are most logos.  The thing that makes the bobcat logo cool is that it's completely accepted by their fan base and alumni as cool.  We may get there one day with our f'n hawk logo but it seems a long ways away right now

Actually their laughing cat logo was never really that popular with their fan base. Three years ago they gave it a bit of a facelift to add more detail and make it look more like an actual bobcat. 

And they got a much better deal than we did. 

MSU-New-Logo-Price2-630x445.jpg

On 7/8/2016 at 5:18 PM, Cratter said:

better. pretty good. still partial to the other mod here with the blacked tipped feathers. 

The wasn't even a modification.  I just added the new script around the logo.  I guess the point I was making was the logo by itself may look bland and boring to some people.  But the merchandise that comes out will have a lot of it that is accompanied by the new script.  The logo on it's own is now known as UND's logo nationwide yet.  It needs time to gain traction and recognition.  The logo with the script looks better.  

On 7/9/2016 at 10:57 AM, Fetch said:

The problem she is going to run into is that her hate for the new logo/name is based on her love for the Sioux name (as much as she tries to dissuade people otherwise).  On the radio the other day she kept referencing it like it had a chance to come back or it was still even a discussion.  

In the post above she mentioned Sioux eight times.  That angle is not going to work for her.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The problem she is going to run into is that her hate for the new logo/name is based on her love for the Sioux name (as much as she tries to dissuade people otherwise).  On the radio the other day she kept referencing it like it had a chance to come back or it was still even a discussion.  

In the post above she mentioned Sioux eight times.  That angle is not going to work for her.

The fine lady from Killdeer with this petition has as much chance for success with that tactic as she would going outside and screaming at the sky to not drop 3" diameter hail on Killdeer ever again (as it did last night). 

53 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It took NCAA sanctions, conference affiliation, and scheduling issues and a statewide vote to finally drop the Fighting Sioux name.  And even that took 7 years!!  With the Fighting Hawks name/logo, you have none of that.  So the only thing that is pressuring UND for a name/logo change is an online petition.  Doesn't really hold as much weight as last time.

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It took NCAA sanctions, conference affiliation, and scheduling issues and a statewide vote to finally drop the Fighting Sioux name.  And even that took 7 years!!  With the Fighting Hawks name/logo, you have none of that.  So the only thing that is pressuring UND for a name/logo change is an online petition.  Doesn't really hold as much weight as last time.

Give it time, I'm sure this country will get so PC that peta will eventually say we can't name teams after animals cuz it's abusive to them

• Upvote 1