SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Who is crowning him?  Here we have a North Dakota native who was the second pick in the 2016 NFL draft, who got hurt his first pre season game, who was 3rd on the QB depth chart for the Eagles, who was named starter 8 days before their game with the Browns, and then proceeded to look like a seasoned veteran despite who they were playing. Now he could have a dud of a game Monday night but no one can take away his first ever start that quite frankly was nothing short of amazing. I hope the guy has a long illustrious career. 

Take it for what it is.  Was it impressive sure.  Was it also against possibly the worst team in the league who is favored in 0 remaining games this year yes.  There have been quite a few one hit wonders who have good games and never pan out.  So how about we pump the brakes a little bit and see how he progresses first.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It's one game, Sparky.   I don't know of anyone on here or elsewhere hoping he fails. He's a down to earth nice North Dakota kid.   Stating the week one competition wasn't very good is just a fact.  No need to get your shorts in a bunch or provide irrelevant links to full season stats. 

Afraid to answer the question because you like to be able to wait to see how he performs and then decide that "impressive" is just on the other side of your criteria? 

Sparky? I remember first grade too, good for you for coming up with such a high brow rebuttal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Afraid to answer the question because you like to be able to wait to see how he performs and then decide that "impressive" is just on the other side of your criteria? 

Sparky? I remember first grade too, good for you for coming up with such a high brow rebuttal.

I hope he does well, as has been said by pretty much everyone on here.   But I don't care enough to be interested in the exact nerd stats.  Some posters merely said:

-One game a season does not make. -Yoda

-and you got all defensive.

Enjoy your vaca to eastern Iowa  

7 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I hope he does well, as has been said by pretty much everyone on here.   But I don't care enough to be interested in the exact nerd stats.  Some posters merely said:

-One game a season does not make. -Yoda

-and you got all defensive.

Enjoy your vaca to eastern Iowa  

Not defensive. What's wrong with stating ahead of time what sort of season statistically would be impressive? 

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not defensive. What's wrong with stating ahead of time what sort of season statistically would be impressive? 

You do realize you're not him, right?  Not sure of your point, coming on here fishing for compliments for Carson Wentz when the overwhelming majority of posters agree he did well in his first game. 

• Upvote 1

Yes Bison fans.  We know that Carson Wentz went to NDSU.  We know that he went #2 overall in the draft.  We know that he won all those Championships at NDSU.  We know that his is the starter of the Philadelphia Eagles.  We all agree that he was an elite QB in college.  We all agree that he had a good game in his first NFL start.  We all agree that while he may have his ups and downs this season being a rookie, he has the potential to be a good QB in the NFL.  While true, it is initially hard to cheer for a guy who has played at our rival school for the past 4 years, we all are at some level rooting for the small town North Dakota kid to succeed in the NFL. 

40 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yes Bison fans.  We know that Carson Wentz went to NDSU.  We know that he went #2 overall in the draft.  We know that he won all those Championships at NDSU.  We know that his is the starter of the Philadelphia Eagles.  We all agree that he was an elite QB in college.  We all agree that he had a good game in his first NFL start.  We all agree that while he may have his ups and downs this season being a rookie, he has the potential to be a good QB in the NFL.  While true, it is initially hard to cheer for a guy who has played at our rival school for the past 4 years, we all are at some level rooting for the small town North Dakota kid to succeed in the NFL. 

Everything Wentz has touched this far in his career has turned to gold. At this point it's pretty hard to criticize him without appearing to be ignorant or jealous. It'll be interesting to see how many "I told you so" posts there are when Carson has a bad game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You do realize you're not him, right?  Not sure of your point, coming on here fishing for compliments for Carson Wentz when the overwhelming majority of posters agree he did well in his first game. 

I'm not sure why this is so difficult or why you are resorting to personal comments on my knowledge that I'm of course not Carson wentz. All I'm asking is that you define what success means for a rookie QB in the NFL so we can all have a discussion about whether or not he is having a good year without personal bias playing a role. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

I keep getting told that I have to cheer for Wentz just because he is from North Dakota. So why aren't these same people huge Brent Qvale fans too? 

Brent qvale, Conor McGovern, Ryan smith, James johannesson. I cheer for all North Dakota born athletes.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'm not sure why this is so difficult or why you are resorting to personal comments on my knowledge that I'm of course not Carson wentz. All I'm asking is that you define what success means for a rookie QB in the NFL so we can all have a discussion about whether or not he is having a good year without personal bias playing a role. 

You are the only one here with a personal bias.  Let me explain it to you.   Other posters pointed out he's one game in to his career, against what most people think will be a poor team.   You got offended someone might dare withhold judgement and not agree  with you that he is first ballot HOF material just yet. So you wrote several paragraphs and provided a link comparing his one game to other players' complete rookie seasons. 

Theres nothing to debate.   Don't worry, he will be judged fairly on siouxsports.com after a significant number of games have been played. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You are the only one here with a personal bias.  Let me explain it to you.   Other posters pointed out he's one game in to his career, against what most people think will be a poor team.   You got offended someone might dare withhold judgement and not agree  with you that he is first ballot HOF material just yet. So you wrote several paragraphs and provided a link comparing his one game to other players' complete rookie seasons. 

Theres nothing to debate.   Don't worry, he will be judged fairly on siouxsports.com after a significant number of games have been played. 

Not sure who's posts you're attributing to me, but that certainly doesn't describe my posts. You've yet to fully answer or show that even sort of comprehend why I posted the link. Whether you're feigning ignorance or are truly this dense is a mystery to me, so I'll just let you be. Enjoy the weekend. Good luck against the coyotes.

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not sure who's posts you're attributing to me, but that certainly doesn't describe my posts. You've yet to fully answer or show that even sort of comprehend why I posted the link. Whether you're feigning ignorance or are truly this dense is a mystery to me, so I'll just let you be. Enjoy the weekend. Good luck against the coyotes.

After reading your posts I'm guessing most things are a mystery to you.   

Enjoy the weekend and we'll see you back here after Monday night. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/17/2016 at 8:12 PM, nd1sufan said:
11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

4th and 3.......Iowa goes for it. TD.

7-7

I'm even pulling for the buffaloes in this game.

I am also cheering for Wentz.  Even if the Browns are a bad NFL ream, they are still an NFL ream.  It was the toughest secondary he has ever seen.