SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

1 hour ago, bang said:

Oh boy, I didn't think this would turn into a teenage girls self esteem building class. Bison 73, you need to make three positive comments about Rob Port's physical features before you post here again.

Sorry, but Port with his writings and investigative work has opened himself up for ridicule. It's part of his job. If he's going to ruin people's careers with his opinions and fact findings. Being called fat should be least of his worries. 

I could of called him drunk and fat?   My angst with him has more to do withe fact hes a puppet for his political handlers agenda and then acts like hes doing everyone a public service and is a champion for social justice.

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I could of called him drunk and fat?   My angst with him has more to do withe fact hes a puppet for his political handlers agenda and then acts like hes doing everyone a public service and is a champion for social justice.

When Port runs on innuendo I have a problem.

In this case the proof was written by Bresciani himself and he had to know it was discoverable based on past FOIA requests from FCC and Port.

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

When Port runs on innuendo I have a problem.

In this case the proof was written by Bresciani himself and he had to know it was discoverable based on past FOIA requests from FCC and Port.

My post was more about the body of his work. This time around he was more like the blind pig finding an acorn.

DB shot himself in the foot this time around.:blink:

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

My post was more about the body of his work. This time around he was more like the blind pig finding an acorn.

DB shot himself in the foot this time around.:blink:

No, he shot himself in the face and tried to act like nothing happened.  Tis but a scratch!

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

IMy angst with him has more to do withe fact hes a puppet for his political handlers agenda and then acts like hes doing everyone a public service and is a champion for social justice.

This is clearly the new talking point out of Fargo. It's all a witch hunt never mind the strange coincidence how there is always something to be found. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, they aren't exactly shooting in the dark to find these things like some seem to think. A lot easier to blame the messenger than admit the are problems in your own house. Knowing all of this, especially when you've already put a target on your back, and then handling the situation like it was is quite mind-boggling. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This is clearly the new talking point out of Fargo. It's all a witch hunt yet it's strange coincidence how there is always something to be found. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, this isn't exactly finding the needle in the haystack like some seem to think. A lot easier to blame the messenger than admit the are problems in your own house. 

The messenger was the politicos and portly was the hatchet man. If you think portly is a new talking point you havent been paying attention. LOL Not to mention there were other forces at work.

But as I said before---DB did this one himself.  After he told the SBOHE what was going on he should have just told the public the same or shut up and ride it out.  Because when the information came out it showed NDSU really wasnt the bad guy in this whole thing. They just stepped in it badly with their terrible explanation-presser. Then it went down hill from there. Whats bad is there was a simple fix and they just kept making it worse.

• Upvote 1

Brescani and Larson put a poor media policy in place, saw the error and corrected it within 48-72 hours.  I don't really see why anything else should matter.  Brescsni and Larson fixed the policy.   i really don't care about the witch-hunt from the fat bastard.   If you do, I'm happy for you.   What he knew, what he thought . . . Who cares, the policy was correctly fixed.  

• Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Herd said:

Brescani and Larson put a poor media policy in place, saw the error and corrected it within 48-72 hours.  I don't really see why anything else should matter.  Brescsni and Larson fixed the policy.   i really don't care about the witch-hunt from the fat bastard.   If you do, I'm happy for you.   What he knew, what he thought . . . Who cares, the policy was correctly fixed.  

I agree but there are those that want their pound of flesh.

2 hours ago, Herd said:

According to Brescanni Larsen put a poor media deal in place and Brescanni fixed it in 48-72 hours.  

Did I miss something? 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Herd said:

Are you serious, that's all you took from the article?  Nothing about DB lying to everyone on purpose...see that part?

DB basically called you and every NDSU fan "beneath him" and not worthy of a response.  

Starting to think those sheep out on 19th are symbolic.  :silly:

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Are you serious, that's all you took from the article?  Nothing about DB lying to everyone on purpose...see that part?

DB basically called you and every NDSU fan "beneath him" and not worthy of a response.  

Starting to think those sheep out on 19th are symbolic.  :silly:

There may have been parts of the media policy that he didn't fully understand.  Who are we to say.  He certainly didn't know what the reaction would be, and fixed it appropriately.

Using an open records law to look at text messages is a chicken !@#$ action of a idiot with a ill advised Vandetta.  The fact that he went to that level is uglier than anything that Brescani might have done.   You can thank God they didnt look at your recent Presidents texts over the years, or the other guy they just forced out for all the conduct with giving raises and taking trips.  Where Ports texts on that guy?  I guess they just pick and choose the school to sttack.  Disgusting chicken !@#$ action.

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Herd said:

Can we get the man's last name right.  It is Larsen, not Larson.  Those of us who spell our name correctly don't want to be associated in this mess.;)

35 minutes ago, Herd said:

There may have been parts of the media policy that he didn't fully understand.  Who are we to say.  He certainly didn't know what the reaction would be, and fixed it appropriately.

Using an open records law to look at text messages is a chicken !@#$ action of a idiot with a ill advised Vandetta.  The fact that he went to that level is uglier than anything that Brescani might have done.   You can thank God they didnt look at your recent Presidents texts over the years, or the other guy they just forced out for all the conduct with giving raises and taking trips.  Where Ports texts on that guy?  I guess they just pick and choose the school to sttack.  Disgusting chicken !@#$ action.

And here comes the "bring UND" into the story.  Getting pretty predictable in Fargo.  

This mess is in your leadership only.  If he would have been truthful at the start this would have blown over quickly.  What else has he been lying about?  

10 hours ago, bang said:

Oh boy, I didn't think this would turn into a teenage girls self esteem building class. Bison 73, you need to make three positive comments about Rob Port's physical features before you post here again.

Sorry, but Port with his writings and investigative work has opened himself up for ridicule. It's part of his job. If he's going to ruin people's careers with his opinions and fact findings. Being called fat should be least of his worries. 

I'll stick with a reasoned argument every time.

22 hours ago, homer said:

Lying to the press and throwing your AD under the bus for a decision you agreed with aren't good progress towards improving "communication and teamwork".  

Also laugh at FU fans who feel Port is on a witch hunt.  He really didn't even have to work for this story as it pretty much wrote itself.  

The truth is they thought they were putting right policy actions in place, but they were wrong and corrected it within 3 days.   No committees, polls or taxpayer dollars affected.  What he knew or didn't know should not be if consequence, unless you are on a witch hunt.  Thanks God they don't goto the texts for the leaders in corporate America on a daily basis, when poor initial decision are made and corrected.  Pretty stupid situation.  

1 minute ago, Herd said:

The truth is they thought they were putting right policy actions in place, but they were wrong and corrected it within 3 days.   No committees, polls or taxpayer dollars affected.  What he knew or didn't know should not be if consequence, unless you are on a witch hunt.  Thanks God they don't goto the texts for the leaders in corporate America on a daily basis, when poor initial decision are made and corrected.  Pretty stupid situation.  

He got caught not being honest.  Whatever the medias reason for looking, they found exactly what everyone knew was going to be there.   No one else's fault but NDSUs leadership.  

6 minutes ago, Herd said:

What was found was a total lack of integrity by Bresciani.  The media policy was just the trigger.  

He was caught lying and throwing a subordinate under the bus to save his own arse.  Not the kind of person that most people would want running their school or company.  

8 minutes ago, homer said:

He got caught not being honest.  Whatever the medias reason for looking, they found exactly what everyone knew was going to be there.   No one else's fault but NDSUs leadership.  

Brescani provided a narrative to explain the poor decision that was made, and to correct it.   It's similar to the narrative that you get from CEO's and HR folks in corporate America on a daily basis, except we don't have access to their email and text messages.  Should someone get all the detail on Ports driving record and DUI and publish the detail on his actions?  As a university system reporter, he should probably be subject to open records on his worst moments.

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Herd said:

Brescani provided a narrative to explain the poor decision that was made, and to correct it.   It's similar to the narrative that you get from CEO's and HR folks in corporate America on a daily basis, except we don't have access to their email and text messages.  Should someone get all the detail on Ports driving record and DUI and publish the detail or his actions?

He came out publically and said he didn't know the facts of the issue, which was a lie that became public from his texts.  The AD fell on the sword to cover DB, saying that he erred in not bring these ideas forward.  Per the texts they both lied.

President Dean Bresciani directed the athletics department to ditch the guidelines it issued Friday, July 29. He wasn’t been informed in advance of the guidelines, the university said.

“I was profoundly disappointed when I learned the facts about this issue,” Bresciani said in a news release. “This is not the way NDSU treats local journalists and our many loyal fans who value the breadth of news coverage NDSU enjoys. As the state’s land grant university, our commitment is to access and inclusion in all endeavors.”

Athletic Director Matt Larsen also apologized in the release: “I erred in not bringing these ideas forward for the president’s review, and I regret the damage this has caused to the administration, institution and university community.”

14 minutes ago, Herd said:

Brescani provided a narrative to explain the poor decision that was made, and to correct it.   It's similar to the narrative that you get from CEO's and HR folks in corporate America on a daily basis, except we don't have access to their email and text messages.  Should someone get all the detail on Ports driving record and DUI and publish the detail on his actions?  As a university system reporter, he should probably be subject to open records on his worst moments.

So you are mad that Port found proof of how it really went down instead of letting DB throw people under the bus and issue a fake apology.  Got it.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Herd said:

Just because others may be doing it doesn't make it right.  

And back to your earlier comment about past UND leadership, not many on here liked or trusted the guy your questioning so not many will go to bat for him.   Funny thing is though Port has it out for UND as well.  You letting the anger of Brescanni getting caught in his lie shape your narrative that Port is some anti-FU guy.  

19 minutes ago, homer said:

Just because others may be doing it doesn't make it right.  

And back to your earlier comment about past UND leadership, not many on here liked or trusted the guy your questioning so not many will go to bat for him.   Funny thing is though Port has it out for UND as well.  You letting the anger of Brescanni getting caught in his lie shape your narrative that Port is some anti-FU guy.  

True. Rob is equally anti-UND as much as he is anti-NDSU. And if anyone sees it differently, they are viewing things through a skewed prism. Basically, he's anti- public higher ed. He's made no bones about it. I get just as miffed when he goes after UND on stuff I feel is just as petty. But the point his we've taken our shots (many times deserved) and we will have our day in the Port "spotlight" again someday. Also, the corporate world analogies from our friends to the south are off the mark, in this case, because the corporate world is, well, private, and largely does not use public money to operate. When you take public money, there should be scrutiny involved --text messages included. If you don't like it. Go find a private sector job!

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

The messenger was the politicos and portly was the hatchet man. If you think portly is a new talking point you havent been paying attention. LOL Not to mention there were other forces at work.

You are correct, blaming others for the issues caused by their leadership has been a calling card of the Fargo faithful for for quite a while now. My mistake.

9 hours ago, Herd said:

JJ and ML put in a bunch of restrictions after the fact to spite FCC. They only corrected it after they underestimated the backlash their pettiness caused. FCC requested all the bids to publish them and NDSU still hasn't released them. Also interesting that JJ would have benefitted from those restrictions he put in place as a host a radio show on the 1660...

• Upvote 1