SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I thought it was funny when someone said Penn State is going to be like Mankato, #1 seed then gets rolled by the #16 seed. 

Just think if Miami makes it and gets Penn State in Cincinnati.

Just think if, in Moy's scenario, they sent Bemidji (or anybody else, really) to Cincinnati.  One and done for PsU.

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just think if, in Moy's scenario, they sent Bemidji (or anybody else, really) to Cincinnati.  One and done for PsU.

I always thought that UMD was coming to Fargo... Drunk Hockey Guy told me he can't wait to see UND lose in Fargo. That would be a barn burner of a game. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Think so? I think our speed is on par with Minny and WMU gave us trouble. Plus, I know Minny doesn't enjoy a physical game and WMU brings such.

I would say Minny may be a click above us.  They are also full of shifty offensive guys which could give WMU problems.  It just depends on what kind of refs show up.  If the refs swallow their whistles (which they typically do towards the end of the year) WMU may have a better chance.  If the WMU gets too physical and starts taking some penalties they're done.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I would say Minny may be a click above us.  They are also full of shifty offensive guys which could give WMU problems.  It just depends on what kind of refs show up.  If the refs swallow their whistles (which they typically do towards the end of the year) WMU may have a better chance.  If the WMU gets too physical and starts taking some penalties they're done.

The pairwise disagrees :)

33 minutes ago, Goon said:

Since we're all in an arguing mood, I am conducting a fan poll to see how the fans on social media rank the teams in the NCHC. Even though DaveK is an non-NCHC fan he can vote, too. You can only vote once. 

(Click to vote )

Are you looking for ranking as of today or a projected rank at the end of the year?  

19 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably why they have such a solid fan turnout for all of their home games.

Screenshot_116.png

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Since we're all in an arguing mood, I am conducting a fan poll to see how the fans on social media rank the teams in the NCHC. Even though DaveK is an non-NCHC fan he can vote, too. You can only vote once. 

(Click to vote )

Goon, are you asking for us to rank them against each other in terms of team strength today?

21 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I think when your favorite team makes the field of 16, you absolutely must respect the fact that each and every one of the other 15 teams is good enough to potentially beat your team. Having said, I would much rather see the Gophers face Western Michigan than the majority of those other teams. That is a team that, on paper, the Gophers should have no problem with 9 times out of 10. The thing I don't like is the concept of putting the Gophers in the same regional as Penn State. Makes it look like an intentional effort to avoid having multiple Big Ten teams in the Frozen Four.

Umm....that's how seeding works Dave.

1 vs. 8

No conspiracy theories against the B1G.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, DaveK said:

DU and UMD tied at the top, CC at the bottom, the rest are all equally kind of okay but nothing special.

You probably would need to pick the middle teams, too. I am conducting an experiment to see if the Fan Poll matches the Inside Hockey blogger poll. 

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

Right, I understand that. If I decide to click on your link and participate in this poll, I will first have to do a bit of research in order to come up with a more informed opinion. On the surface, having not followed that conference as closely as a few others, it is very difficult to differentiate between those five teams. They all appear capable of beating anybody in a given game, but none of them stand out to me as scary good like Denver, Duluth, Penn State, UM-Lowell, or BU.

My hunch is last year you would not of said the UND Fighting Sioux were not "scary good' despite their outstanding regular season and stellar playoff run to capture their 8th natty, hard to take your opinion serious.

• Upvote 3

Just now, GDPritch said:

My hunch is last year you would not of said the UND Fighting Sioux were not "scary good' despite their outstanding regular season and stellar playoff run to capture their 8th natty, hard to take your opinion serious.

Oops, delete the second "not".

4 hours ago, DaveK said:

I think when your favorite team makes the field of 16, you absolutely must respect the fact that each and every one of the other 15 teams is good enough to potentially beat your team.

Lesson learned after that little Holy Cross incident? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

Right, I understand that. If I decide to click on your link and participate in this poll, I will first have to do a bit of research in order to come up with a more informed opinion. On the surface, having not followed that conference as closely as a few others, it is very difficult to differentiate between those five teams. They all appear capable of beating anybody in a given game, but none of them stand out to me as scary good like Denver, Duluth, Penn State, UM-Lowell, or BU.

Being uninformed has never stopped you before.

• Upvote 2