SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

I'm pretty sure I already conceded last year and the year before. Weren't you paying attention? Now let's stop living off the previous two seasons and focus on the current one. Do NCHC teams have a winning record vs. Hockey East opponents this year?

One conference by one game. I believe the record is 10-11. Overall the NCHC has the top winning percentage in non conference of something like .652. What's your point?

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

One conference by one game. I believe the record is 10-11. Overall the NCHC has the top winning percentage in non conference of something like .652. What's your point?

Thats the beauty of trolling...you don't need a point.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I'm pretty sure I already conceded last year and the year before. Weren't you paying attention? Now let's stop living off the previous two seasons and focus on the current one. Do NCHC teams have a winning record vs. Hockey East opponents this year?

You're touting the record of each team over a third conference to show how good a conference is?  Why not just look at head to head where it's clear the NCHC is better.

That's like saying the Miami Dolphins are better than the Patriots because the Patriots lost to the Bills.

24 minutes ago, DaveK said:

The Big Ten has a winning record vs. Hockey East, and Hockey East has a winning record vs. the NCHC. There really is no point other than to annoy the zealots who like to shoot off their mouths about their delusion of the NCHC being soooooooooooooooo much better than the Big Ten. 

It's not a matter of being zealots, it's a matter of watching the games on the ice. Minnesota, IMO, is the only team in the Big10 that I am even remotely worried about facing. PSU is having a fantastic year, but have yet to even have a sniff of a big test. And I'm not impressed with OSU. NCHC is way better than the Big10, this year, last year and all the previous.

23 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's not a matter of being zealots, it's a matter of watching the games on the ice. Minnesota, IMO, is the only team in the Big10 that I am even remotely worried about facing. PSU is having a fantastic year, but have yet to even have a sniff of a big test. And I'm not impressed with OSU. NCHC is way better than the Big10, this year, last year and all the previous.

Cue Mr Punch Bowl reply calling you a liar, blowhard, or delusional.  #ClassicDaveK

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DaveK said:

As a matter of having watched all of the ranked teams this year, based on what we've seen so far Penn State is clearly the best team in the nation right now. Things may or may not change between now and the end of the regular season, but at this moment they are way better than any of the NCHC teams or any other Big Ten team. The 2nd best Big Ten team (Minnesota) is about equal to the top two NCHC teams (DU and UMD). The next five NCHC teams (everybody else excluding CC) are about equal to Ohio State. So, in conclusion, the NCHC is not way better than the Big Ten this year. They're about equal, and I think I'm very generous in saying that.

#beauty

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

As a matter of having watched all of the ranked teams this year, based on what we've seen so far Penn State is clearly the best team in the nation right now. Things may or may not change between now and the end of the regular season, but at this moment they are way better than any of the NCHC teams or any other Big Ten team. The 2nd best Big Ten team (Minnesota) is about equal to the top two NCHC teams (DU and UMD). The next five NCHC teams (everybody else excluding CC) are about equal to Ohio State. So, in conclusion, the NCHC is not way better than the Big Ten this year. They're about equal, and I think I'm very generous in saying that.

I just can't express how much I disagree with you saying PSU is clearly the best team in the country. They have played anyone worth a damn. Minny is good, but aren't better than DU or Duluth. This board is obviously biased but I'd be willing to bet all (if not an incredibly high number) agree with me on these points. And from what I've read from other fan boards and numerous writers from all over the country, again, most will agree with me. Cheers to your opinion, Dave.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

Why did you pick the Hockey East? Why not the Atlantic Hockey Conference?

I know why....math is complicated.

If you think Penn State is the best team in the country, better check your glasses or invest in one of those HDTV's that you don't believe in.

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

and if anyone actually thought you had any credibility it is now gone.

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I just can't express how much I disagree with you saying PSU is clearly the best team in the country. They have played anyone worth a damn. Minny is good, but aren't better than DU or Duluth. This board is obviously biased but I'd be willing to bet all (if not an incredibly high number) agree with me on these points. And from what I've read from other fan boards and numerous writers from all over the country, again, most will agree with me. Cheers to your opinion, Dave.

Penn State has a split with St. Lawrence as the high point of their season thus far.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

The Big Ten has a winning record vs. Hockey East, and Hockey East has a winning record vs. the NCHC. There really is no point other than to annoy the zealots who like to shoot off their mouths about their delusion of the NCHC being soooooooooooooooo much better than the Big Ten. 

Wow... I mean uh, oh. I guess that settles it then. The mighty delusional DaveK has spoken then.

I am going to agree with Stoney, PSU hasn't played anyone worth a crap yet. PSU's SOS is 33. For comparison sake, UMD 1, DU 2, UND 3 all have much higher SOS. I am sure we'd (most of us) be glad to see PSU in the Fargo regional. 

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

8 minutes ago, DaveK said:

The Gophers are clearly better than six NCHC teams, and they're at least equal to the other two. But I don't think they're better than Penn State, at least not yet. Hopefully they'll get there over the course of the next two months.

HAHAHA holy crap. Who is this guy? Sultan of troll.

• Upvote 3

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, DaveK said:

FYI : The teams that make up the Big Ten hockey conference own more combined NCAA D1 hockey championships than the combined total of any other conference including the holier than thou NCHC.

North Dakota owns more NCAA D1 hockey championships (8) than the COMBINED totals of the five, count 'em that's 5, Minnesota D1 hockey playing schools (total of 6). Can't make it up.   

I'm glad UW is close to being back and also that Penn State has come as far as it has.   Either of them or UMinn could win it all this year, just as many other teams could.  Picking the B1G to carry a torch for when you have no alma mater or other connection to, though, just seems like an awfully unimaginative, run-with-the-crowd choice.    But it certainly is just as legit as being an LSSU or UNO fan.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DaveK said:

What makes you think that I care one way or the other about the other four D1 hockey teams in the state of Minnesota? The Big Ten owns more national championships than all other conferences, and that fact trumps anything else that you can bring to the table.

"State of Hockey", I know you care...Mich hockey is like Minn in football, ain't won a natty in like 50+ years.

8 minutes ago, DaveK said:

But I'm not from Minnesota, truly I do not care. That state of hockey stuff doesn't do a thing for me. I dislike both UMD and SCSU, and feel completely neutral towards both Bemidji and Mankato. I don't like the Wild either. I'm a Gopher fan, not a fan of all things Minnesota.

Fair enough, gotta assume you're speaking the truth then Dave. How are you a big Goofer hockey fan then (alumnus?)?   

53 minutes ago, DaveK said:

What makes you think that I care one way or the other about the other four D1 hockey teams in the state of Minnesota? The Big Ten owns more national championships than all other conferences, and that fact trumps anything else that you can bring to the table.

@DaveK There you go again cherry picking to fit your narrative. I think it's hilarious. Round and round we go!

The NCHC has won more championships than the BTHC since the conferences began play and that fact trumps anything else that you can bring to the table.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I have always liked them going back many decades to my childhood years. Always had a great deal of respect and admiration for the tradition and history of that program.

There was a time when I used to feel the same way about UND too, but the arrogance of their fanbase combined with the nickname change and formation of the NCHC put an end to that.

I hear ya Dave but ""formation of the NCHC put an end to that"?  WTF? The almighty formation of the Lil 6 was by the BigTen and their member schools and that ruined the best hockey conf in the land, not the UND.  Now, of course, that label belongs to the NCHC but gotta admit I miss the WCHA.  It was so fun going to the Ralph East in St Paul ("not a home game for the Goofers", whatever, just like NCAA regional games there) and winning that tourney with the best traveling fan-base in college hockey in attendance.  Great times, too bad the Lil 6 ruined a good thing.   

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

Big 10 owns zero hockey championships, but you already knew that.  Happy Trolling.

gorillaz____the_troll_under_the_bridge_by_kyoaku_koibito-d4hndyp.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, petey23 said:

Penn State has a split with St. Lawrence as the high point of their season thus far.

I guess they did win and tie against Notre Dame, who was then No. 3, but is now not a TUC. But CLEARLY, they are the best team in the nation, you know, because of their SOS and No. 1 USCHO ranking :silly: