SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

6 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Figured it was only a matter of time.

Make no mistake, they are very talented... but the NCAA tournament does strange things to very talented teams.

One and done, anything can happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DaveK said:

FYI : The teams that make up the Big Ten hockey conference own more combined NCAA D1 hockey championships than the combined total of any other conference including the holier than thou NCHC.

Holier than thou?  You're too much DaveK.  Most of those Little Six titles were won in the WCHA so don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

FYI : The teams that make up the Big Ten hockey conference own more combined NCAA D1 hockey championships than the combined total of any other conference including the holier than thou NCHC.

Kinda like the BTN hyping the number of NCAA football titles won by its member schools...AFTER Nebraska joined the conference.  :lol:

• Upvote 3

dave k last year at the Hoggsbreath we had two very classy gopher fans show up. Why not show your face this year at the Hoggsbreath so Mafia and Goon can debate with you how strong the little 10 is vs the NCHC.  The invite is in another thread and we could always bill it as a  interesting debate. We would even allow you to talk with your hands just like a certain person did when participating in a debate.

17 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Trust me... you and the rest of the zealots here want NOTHING to do with a "UND head-to-head results vs. Big Ten opponents in 2016/17" thread. Many heads would explode in a fit of bitter uncontrollable rage over it, so I'll be a nice guy and spare you the torment.

I'm more concerned with how my team finishes the year than record vs Big10. For example, I don't care that we lost to Wisco last yr because we won this thing called the NCAA tournament. Maybe that's why UMN has been struggling lately? They get so enamored w/ beating UND, they forget to play the other games... 

2 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Two things about that...

1. I have no idea what a Hoggsbreath is.

2. More importantly, what you're suggesting is ridiculous. Based on their criteria of the past couple of seasons, they think the Big Ten is a terrible conference and nothing I say will change their mind. Based on my criteria of four teams being among the ten greatest programs in college hockey history combined with half of the conference being currently among the top 13 in PWR, I think the Big Ten is excellent and nothing they say will change my mind.

Nice try attempting to lure me into a pi$$ing match with skunks, but I am above such silly behavior.

Maybe if you had attended the wcha tourney in the past or the NCHC tourney you would know where the Hoggsbreath is . Check it out on google maps or do you still own a bag or flip phone!

3 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Sorry, you can't cherry pick like that. All of those teams, with the exception of Penn State, existed for a long time before the recent change in conference structure.

And most of those teams won their titles in the WCHA.

Between the NCHC and B1G, the NCHC has 1 title and the B1G has 0.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

Would you care to back up your bold words with a little wager? If you're wrong, you have to put something in your signature line referring to how great the Big Ten is. If I'm wrong, I'll put something in my signature line about how great the new WCHA is. If you're afraid to take me up on the bet, then you have no business shooting off your mouth with such foolish predictions.

Nah, I'm good. I don't care enough about you nor your opinions. 

And thanks but i'll continue to "shoot my mouth" off with my awesome predictions all I want. 

• Upvote 2