SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

quick question - do the other NCHC hockey teams have active message boards like this one?  Miami and Western Michigan have active hockey boards and game threads but can't find the other schools.  we are playing Omaha tonight and was looking for their board.   What about Denver, Duluth, St. Cloud, and CC??

1 minute ago, #MACtion said:

quick question - do the other NCHC hockey teams have active message boards like this one?  Miami and Western Michigan have active hockey boards and game threads but can't find the other schools.  we are playing Omaha tonight and was looking for their board.   What about Denver, Duluth, St. Cloud, and CC??

It's Mavpuck.com you'd be better off being on twitter talking to their fans.

6 minutes ago, #MACtion said:

CC has a couple of pages on Facebook. One of them is a rah rah page where, anything you say that could even be remotely deemed critical gets deleted and/or you get ridiculed as not being a "true fan." Case in point, CC could lose 7-2 and the rah rah fans will blame the loss on the officiating but if you try to be honest and use logic (i.e., critique CC's actual play on the ice), you get the scarlet letter.

A year or two ago, my buddy started a CC hockey discussion page of his own where fans could engage in healthy debate without reprisal so long as people don't get personal with one another and maintain a level of civility. There, you can call a spade a spade without being labeled "negative" or, "not a good fan."

33 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I'm flattered at how much you pay attention to me. I'm just a regular guy with strong opinions about the topics that I feel passionate about, nothing more and nothing less. Personally, I don't even think I'm worthy of so much attention... but based on your pattern of behavior it seems you must feel otherwise. :lol:

Like a skunk walking through a room, no one wants to look but everyone smells it...  I wouldn't mind hearing some talk about college hockey (non UND) like the thread states, your blather is a distraction for the most part.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, #MACtion said:

Can't believe that even Denver doesn't have a message board in this league.  This league is too good to not have active fans and fan talk.

I go to a lot of DU games and they don't have a very strong, loyal fan base (they blame it on the myriad of things to do in the greater Denver area as the reason). That said, they have a web page called, "letsgoDU" where there's a good group of writers who post articles and fans can reply. The best ones are the snarky, "onion-like" stories they'll do about whoever their opponent happens to be that particular weekend.