SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, save it for your therapist. You're dismissed as obsessed on GPL and a punchline here. You project your own insecurities upon everyone here and focus on whatever you think will get a rise. I truly pity your meaningless existence.

Now that is funny.

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

Once again, you can't just cherry pick the time frame starting with the restructuring of conferences. I'm comparing the six programs that make up the Big Ten to the eight programs that make up the NCHC. You must include the entire history of each program, not just the last few years. The teams that make up the NCHC have a long way to go before they start to show up in the rear view of the teams that make up the Big Ten.

@DaveK Please tell me that you realize you are doing the same exact thing of which you accuse another of doing? You are cherry picking as well by saying we have to go by your criteria since it fits your narrative.

You can go ahead with that while everyone else knows one irrefutable fact and that is since conference realignment, the NCHC has one national championship while the Big Ten has none. It'll be interesting to see if any Big Ten team changes that fact this year.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, DaveK said:

What's UND's record vs. Big Ten opponents this season?

What's Minnesota's record vs St. Cloud state this season? You're wasting your time dude. 8>5 

After bringing up the non conference numbers every week in the first half of the season you completely ignore them now when it's not in your favor. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but .608 is very good. The fact of the matter is that the Big Ten is a great conference. They weren't great last year, or the year before last, but they are great this year. Deal with it.

They weren't great last year or the year before?  Just plain bad is what they were.   Even Gopher and Badger fans joked about it, and they actually went to a big ten school.  This year?   They are OK, but that depends on your expectations.  The B1G schools with hockey have an average enrollment of over 40,000.   NCHC schools have a average of about a third of that, yet the NCHC is, as a conference, it is head and shoulders above the B1G (in the best year it has ever had).  

Anybody can win the title, of course, and I'm sure everyone encourages you to enjoy your adopted conference.  But the B1G is hardly a hockey connoisseur's choice.   Now if you had picked Union--that would have been cool.   

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DaveK said:

Would you care to back up your bold words with a little wager? If you're wrong, you have to put something in your signature line referring to how great the Big Ten is. If I'm wrong, I'll put something in my signature line about how great the new WCHA is. If you're afraid to take me up on the bet, then you have no business shooting off your mouth with such foolish predictions.

Would never bet you because you have proven that you are not a man of your word.  By the way, how is that Fargo South dynasty you so foolishly predicted?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DaveK said:

Belittling attendance, eh? Ya know... Bison fans just LOVE to belittle the attendance at UND football games.

Like I've been saying for a while now, UND hockey fans are almost as insufferable as NDSU football fans.

Thank you for making that point so clear for all to see.

He isn't the one saying how great Big Ten hockey is.  Proof is in the pudding!

• Upvote 1

As enjoyable as Dave says this is to read comments towards him and the big ten, it is equally enjoyable for me to read as a UND fan. I'm looking forward to the Minnesota vs Duluth game coming up. That is sure to give nchc fans some message board ammunition!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

DaveK watching the selection show on sunday seeing all his Big Ten teams matched up against NCHC teams.

cat.gif

Weird that the Big10 only has a 4-8-4 record vs the NCHC.  If only the NCHC had played the five extra games against AHA and those two extra games against Arizona State, they could be upwards of .700.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Weird that the Big10 only has a 4-8-4 record vs the NCHC.  If only the NCHC had played the five extra games against AHA and those two extra games against Arizona State, they could be upwards of .700.

There is still 2 more against ASU.

13 hours ago, DaveK said:

Belittling attendance, eh? Ya know... Bison fans just LOVE to belittle the attendance at UND football games.

Like I've been saying for a while now, UND hockey fans are almost as insufferable as NDSU football fans.

Thank you for making that point so clear for all to see.

Um.... this is about conference. Adorable. You can't keep up!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DaveK said:

To say the NCHC was head and shoulders above the Big Ten last year or the year before is more than fair, but to make the same statement about the current season just makes you a liar. Each conference is likely to send exactly half of its teams to the field of 16, which makes them equally good this season. Anything you say in a futile attempt to spin it otherwise will only cause you to lose what little credibility you have to begin with.

3 teams from the Big10?  That's hilarious.  You realize Ohio State is on the bubble and they can't really improve their PWR much with 12 of their 16 games left against teams ranked 26, 37, and 50?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

To say the NCHC was head and shoulders above the Big Ten last year or the year before is more than fair, but to make the same statement about the current season just makes you a liar. Each conference is likely to send exactly half of its teams to the field of 16, which makes them equally good this season. Anything you say in a futile attempt to spin it otherwise will only cause you to lose what little credibility you have to begin with.

I have no credibility here, Dave--I've said too many stupid things.  Standards here are high.   :D

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DamStrait said:

Interesting how anyone thha, at disagrees with you is "running their mouth" or is a "blowhard" - your inherent intolerance is showing again Davy - you should really consider how much less credible it makes your facade of superiority.  

Ha, I always thought that DaveK was a Troll Bot, anytime someone mentioned the Penguins, Gophers, or the B1G he's there responding. It's funny that DaveK would call someone a blowhard. It's almost comical. 

14 minutes ago, DaveK said:

While it is possible the Big Ten only gets two, it is just as possible for the NCHC to get only three. The more likely scenario, however, is three from the Big Ten and four from the NCHC.

It's possible that I might get drunk today and pass gas. What's your point? The B1G is what four games into their conference play?

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

Well, beating Michigan at the regional made a good case for that. The fact no B1G team made the Frozen Four last year would be a good indicator of this, no? This is what, year four of the B1G Mistake and they've had what, 1 team to the Frozen Four in four years?

• Upvote 1