SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

Am I missing something Dave?  Bigten hockey conf has been around like 2 - 3 years so I believe 23 just doesn't compute...

You are missing something.  As soon as you apply thought and logic to a question or issue, the parameters suddenly change.  It's Classic DaveK!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure MN really had much of a choice in the matter.

There's always a choice. They could've challenged the Big Ten bylaw. Heck, they could've left the Big Ten. Sure, not practical, but possible, so choices. 

They chose to fall in line with the BTHC which means that was their best choice in their minds. They made the choice best for them. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

DaveK logic 101:

The Fighting Sioux have 7 National Championships and the Fighting Hawks have 1.  How could you say they have 8, when the Fighting Hawks didn't exist for the first 7, and the Fighting Sioux were gone for the last one.

The Big10 has 23 National Championships to their name.

I'm actually surprised he has admitted UND has 8 National Championships since in his mind, they are literally a brand new team because they changed nicknames.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DaveK said:

I think when your favorite team makes the field of 16, you absolutely must respect the fact that each and every one of the other 15 teams is good enough to potentially beat your team. Having said, I would much rather see the Gophers face Western Michigan than the majority of those other teams. That is a team that, on paper, the Gophers should have no problem with 9 times out of 10. The thing I don't like is the concept of putting the Gophers in the same regional as Penn State. Makes it look like an intentional effort to avoid having multiple Big Ten teams in the Frozen Four.

Yeah, that or, you know, following correct seeding? Yikes, buddy. You are just siphoning credibility.

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Nope, typed blindfolded with my feet. Good smartass response tho bud, cheers

Then you would realize I was speaking specifically to team speed....and nothing more.  Pairwise position (between UND and MN) doesn't have much to do with that.  

15 hours ago, DaveK said:

That was the first time a 4 seed beat a 1 seed but let's not try to pretend it was the only time. As a matter of fact, in each and every one of the last 11 years there has been a 1 seed defeated by a 4 seed. That Holy Cross game was a sign of the times that we had reached a point where the pool of quality teams in college hockey runs much deeper than in previous eras.

DaveK has a good point. Not to mention several near-misses of 4 seeds knocking off 1 seeds. There's a lot more parity in hockey than, say, college basketball and to me, that's a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

DaveK has a good point. Not to mention several near-misses of 4 seeds knocking off 1 seeds. There's a lot more parity in hockey than, say, college basketball and to me, that's a good thing. 

It is a good thing.  Union winning.  Q being in the final.  We are old guard at UND, but it's good to see more newer faces in the thick of things. 

• Upvote 2

Michigan State leads Michigan 2-0

Maine leads BU 1-0

Western Michigan leads CC 2-1

Penn State leads Ohio State 1-0

Minnesota leads Wisconsin 1-0

BC leads UMass 3-1

Vermont leads UConn 5-3

Lowell and Providence tied 2-2

Michigan Tech leads Mankato 2-1

UNH and Notre Dame tied 1-1