SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The college hockey landscape is always better overall when Wisconsin, Michigan and Michigan St are relevant year in and year out.

It is?  Teams have down periods.  UND did.  Does that somehow minimize Lake States great teams during that time frame.  Michigan ran out on the wcha when they were no longer relevant.  They dominated a CCHA where the league catered to them.  Now they are struggling in the big 10. College hockey is just fine. Id much rather see success at hockey schools like st lawrence and clarkson.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

The question wasn't whether one cares about the struggle of MSU.

The question was do you think their coach is doing a hell of a great job.

That was sarcasm. I should have added a :cool:

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

It is?  Teams have down periods.  UND did.  Does that somehow minimize Lake States great teams during that time frame.  Michigan ran out on the wcha when they were no longer relevant.  They dominated a CCHA where the league catered to them.  Now they are struggling in the big 10. College hockey is just fine. Id much rather see success at hockey schools like st lawrence and clarkson.

I just don't think the B1G schools have to be successful for college hockey to be successful. Look at the years Yale and Union won it all. It was cool to see a non-traditional power win it all. That's what makes college hockey great. For some reason, a lot of college hockey fawns all over Michigan. Why? They have all of the advantages but what really have they accomplished since the B1G came to fruition? There's probably less college hockey on TV. I'll admit I used to watch the Gophers on FSN to see if they'd lose. Since they've joined to the B1G, more and more of their games aren't on TV. 

By the way, it's fun to discuss this and to speculate on this. Bad news for the Gophers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I just don't think the B1G schools have to be successful for college hockey to be successful. Look at the years Yale and Union won it all. It was cool to see a non-traditional power win it all. That's what makes college hockey great. For some reason, a lot of college hockey fawns all over Michigan. Why? They have all of the advantages but what really have they accomplished since the B1G came to fruition? There's probably less college hockey on TV. I'll admit I used to watch the Gophers on FSN to see if they'd lose. Since they've joined to the B1G, more and more of their games aren't on TV. 

By the way, it's fun to discuss this and to speculate on this. Bad news for the Gophers

It's going to be a ACL or MCL tear.

Depending on what you believe Penn State's strength-of-schedule is from 22 (USCHO-RPI) to 35 (USCHO-KRACH) to 48 (Massey). 

By comparison, the majority of the NCHC teams' SOS is single-digit. 

I'll be interested to see what Penn State does when it has to face Minnesota. 

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

This sucks. Troy Terry has been a treat to watch this season with both Team USA and DU. My wife took me to the DU/ASU game last Saturday and we both wore our USA jerseys in honor of him. They had a nice video tribute during the first period for him...very classy. 

• Upvote 1

Either Tony Granato is planning on getting rid of a bunch of Eaves' recruits, or he is continuing Eaves' recruiting strategy of over recruiting.  After two more commits, they are now up to 32 on their list.  I hope Berry always leaves a little wiggle room for late bloomers like Poolman and LaDue or high end transfers. 

8 hours ago, DaveK said:

Of course Penn State/Minnesota will be interesting. It's always interesting when a pair of top 10 teams meet head-to-head.

The rarity of a lunar eclipse in the B1G, which practically never has two in the top 10.  .   

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

By comparison, the majority of the NCHC teams' SOS is single-digit. 

USCHO has them 1-6, 8 and 12 as of this morning.  That's pretty cool, I think.  It also means that there probably won't be a major pwr hit with the occasional loss or tie, which is nice.