SiouxSports.com Forum

Greater American hero, Wentz or Forrest Gump?

UNDBIZ

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Phil Jackson's 13 NBA championship rings - most of which were courtesy of four of the top fifty players of all-time.

How's he doing with his Knicks rebuilding job?  I guess he needs to acquire some guy from Cleveland and that Kevin Durant guy from Oklahoma in order to win another number 14.  

Phil seemed to have got a gem in Kristap Porzingis, who is setting rookie NBA records.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

What about the star of the last Winter Olympics ? tJ oshie really put UND on the map after his great performance in the shootout. Let NDSU enjoy their fame because it is a matter of change before the tide switches!

With all due respect to TJ Oshie, I doubt that that Olympic performance "put UND on the map."  How'd that US team finish? 

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

He'll leave the Knicks with no more rings than he has now.  

and head to LA once Jeanie Buss kicks her brother out of the basketball operations department. Wasn't Phil's fault the Knicks were an absolute tire fire when he signed on. He's actually cleaned up a lot of the junk.

Jeff Boschee being selected for the McDonalds All American game is something that will likely not happen for a North Dakota high schooler ever again.  

Its more likely a North Dakota college football player is selected in the first round of the draft again IMO. 

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Meh, Phil Hansen did it first and was from an(barely) even smaller town ;)

I'll see your Phil Hanson from Oakes and raise you a Dave Osborn from Cando. But then, you're too young to know about him.

37 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

and head to LA once Jeanie Wasn't Phil's fault the Knicks were an absolute tire fire when he signed on. He's actually cleaned up a lot of the junk.

So was Phil's hiring of Derek Fisher as head coach part of the clean-up or was his firing of Fisher a season and a half later part of the clean-up?

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So was Phil's hiring of Derek Fisher as head coach part of the clean-up or was his firing of Fisher a season and a half later part of the clean-up?

Perhaps if Fisher was focused more on his head coaching duties instead of a player's wife...

11 minutes ago, geneva6 said:

Let's not forget about Virgil "Quicksilver" Hill...Olympic Silver medalist and multiple time boxing world champ.

Did Virgil Hill have a successful professional boxing career?  He's from before my time as well.  I knew he did well in the Olympics but was that back when the Olympics required amateurism or whatever the policy was?

19 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Did Virgil Hill have a successful professional boxing career?  He's from before my time as well.  I knew he did well in the Olympics but was that back when the Olympics required amateurism or whatever the policy was?

Open a new window or tab, then Google, type Virgil Hill, enter.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You serious, Clark?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Boxing isn't a big interest to me or anyone I know.  Did a wikipedia search.  Cool deal.  Not born in North Dakota unfortunately.

Wiz kahlifa was born in Minot. More people probably know him more than Carson Wentz right now.

Born and raised famous North Dakotans are far and few between.

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Boxing isn't a big interest to me or anyone I know.  Did a wikipedia search.  Cool deal.  Not born in North Dakota unfortunately.

He still made a very strong claim of ND being his home though, and held 13 title fights in Bismarck to recognize his home state.  I'm sure he could have gotten more money having them in Vegas etc..   

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Ya, boxing really sucked during the Virgil Hill years.  The Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Duran historic fights were near the end and some bum named Mike Tyson just entered into boxing in the late 80's, early 90's.  YAWN!!!!!  BORING!!!!!

19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Ya, boxing really sucked during the Virgil Hill years.  The Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Duran historic fights were near the end and some bum named Mike Tyson just entered into boxing in the late 80's, early 90's.  YAWN!!!!!  BORING!!!!!

Did anyone say it was bad or boring?  I don't watch it.  None of my friends or family gets into it either so it really doesn't get brought up often.

The only two I've heard of there is Virgil Hill and Mike Tyson.