SiouxSports.com Forum

Greater American hero, Wentz or Forrest Gump?

UNDBIZ

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TRex said:

Sure seems that way.   Doubt Fargo media will allow anyone else to share the spotlight.

Would you expect it to be handled differently?

This is arguably the biggest story in the history of ND sports.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

How about Phil Jackson winning a few rings.  ummm

You must have missed the part where I said arguably.

Most would say this is a bigger story I think. Phil doesn't really even claim ND as home in the interviews I've seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You must have missed the part where I said arguably.

Most would say this is a bigger story I think. Phil doesn't really even claim ND as home in the interviews I've seen.

No Phil's is bigger.  Let Carson get a ring. Then we can talk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

No Phil's is bigger.  Let Carson get a ring. Then we can talk.

???  Arguably

Phil's career obviously is enormous, but which moment, of Phil's career trumps the media story that a kid from ND being possibly a top 10 pick in the draft?

Either way, my point was to say that the media hype around him right now is warranted. It isn't surprising that nobody else from yesterday's pro-day received much attention. He's possibly the best prospect, at the most important position, in the country's most celebrated sport, coming from relative obscurity. It's a huge story.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Would you expect it to be handled differently?

This is arguably the biggest story in the history of ND sports.

And if Wentz becomes Ryan Leaf 2.0, this will be the worst story in ND history. How about let's see how he does in the NFL then do all the stories on him. I feel sorry for the other 2 Bison guys who are trying to get into the NFL, no media converge on them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, athompson3 said:

I would say Darrin Erstad going #1 overall in the MLB draft is a bigger deal at this point.

I know this doesn't fit into the "hate NDSU" narrative, but the NFL draft trumps the MLB draft in media coverage and national interest 100 fold. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BigGame said:

No, this is huge deal for NDSU, Carson Wentz, and North Dakota in general  but I started this with a question just wanting testing results.  You could probably find a story about what Carson ate for dinner at this point because if he farts it ends up published somewhere.  I was just trying to find out if Will participated and what how his numbers compared to the Minnesota pro day.  That being said I would really like to see all the participants numbers out of interest.  Why does everything, even a little joke turn into a pissing contest?

I was trying to count brain cells on Bisonville, a while back, and a poster was talking about Wentz liking pizza.  It was pathetic.  No brain cells found of course. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, homer said:

I thought the rule on pro days is you can either do one in your home town or at your home college site (or nearest).  I don't know if you are able to do more than one.  

I don't know what else Will would have tested.  He knocked his Minnesota day out of the park.  

Crockett did Ndsu and U of M

2 hours ago, BigGame said:

No, this is huge deal for NDSU, Carson Wentz, and North Dakota in general  but I started this with a question just wanting testing results.  You could probably find a story about what Carson ate for dinner at this point because if he farts it ends up published somewhere.  I was just trying to find out if Will participated and what how his numbers compared to the Minnesota pro day.  That being said I would really like to see all the participants numbers out of interest.  Why does everything, even a little joke turn into a pissing contest?

I read somewhere he has trouble farting in cold weather.

Roger? :huh:

I heard on WDAY that Wentz had the best pro day in their history. Their meaning NFL. This kid is really getting propped up. I hope he's surrounding himself with people that he can trust that will help to keep him grounded. He's certainly likeable and extremely talented, but it seems to be overdone. Remember that these pundits such as Kiper know so much about Wentz that they didn't know he missed 5(?) games this season. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I read somewhere he has trouble farting in cold weather.

I would think a ND kids would have no trouble farting in cold weather.  I hope it doesn't hurt his draft stock to much.

11 hours ago, choyt3 said:

Roger? :huh:

I heard on WDAY that Wentz had the best pro day in their history. Their meaning NFL. This kid is really getting propped up. I hope he's surrounding himself with people that he can trust that will help to keep him grounded. He's certainly likeable and extremely talented, but it seems to be overdone. Remember that these pundits such as Kiper know so much about Wentz that they didn't know he missed 5(?) games this season. 

They loved Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Heath Shuler coming into their drafts too. This is all hype and projections. With that said I want Wentz to succeed but this draft thing is anything but a science.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

It would be foolish for Ratelle not to go through all the drills again.  When you're on the bubble you need to show the scouts you can do it anytime you want.  Great day for NDSU football as a lot of NFL people said it was the best run Pro Day they have ever been at. 

Lol, cause it was different from all the others how?  

13 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rodger Maris has the biggest athletic accomplishment of any North Dakota and it's literally impossible for anyone to top it. He broke Babe Ruth's record when baseball was king. End of discussion.

I didn't say this was the biggest accomplishment in North Dakota sports history, I said it's the biggest moment as far as buzz and people talking about sports in the state. Maybe you'll see that as splitting hairs, but that is what I meant. 

I agree that he hasn't accomplished anything near Maris or Phil Jackson, that has yet to be seen and would be disrespectful to call what Carson has done the greatest accomplishment. That isn't what I meant.

22 minutes ago, TRex said:

Because it was at NDSU, the greatest know power in college  football.   (sarcasm)

Just quoting what the Pro's are saying.  Probably referring to the organization and professionalism of how it was run.  First class all the way. 

3 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Just quoting what the Pro's are saying.  Probably referring to the organization and professionalism of how it was run.  First class all the way. 

Do you have a link?  Everything I've seen has been about Wentz performance or the green, red and blue seats in the dome.  

I do find it odd you need to come to this board to clarify how great it was.  All 18 teams must have enjoyed it.