SiouxSports.com Forum

Greater American hero, Wentz or Forrest Gump?

UNDBIZ

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Now im offended. First amendment means you don't need to change !@#$. Not your fault it went over their heads.

This is still a battle Wentz loses by a mile. Word on the street is he's no good at ping pong. 

2 hours ago, ND WINS!!!! said:

It's true - I was in Arizona this Weekend and ran into numerous people talking FB and draft and very few even talking about Hockey = the Phoenix paper never showed ANY of the Hockey scores and it's to go to the Frozen Four??

Yet the Phoenix area has a chain of bars, RT O'Sullivans that are packed for Sioux games.  Coach Tippet of the Coyotes is a UND grad.  And Auston Matthews the #1 pick in next year draft is from the area.  Never hear of bison or 1aa football out there though unless it's an old story about Kurt Warner going to Northern Iowa.  Arizona is not a good example to support your ndsu love - there are two D1 teams out here already, they don't watch 1-AA better chance of running in to transplanted hockey fans than tier 2 football

If a North Dakota kid getting drafted in the NFL top ten is arguably the biggest "Sports Story in North Dakota" history, god help us all. 

Only thing I could ever see topping that is a North Dakota school winning March Madness. 

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If a North Dakota kid getting drafted in the NFL top ten is arguably the biggest "Sports Story in North Dakota" history, god help us all. 

Only thing I could ever see topping that is a North Dakota school winning March Madness. 

Nothing will top Marris. He broke The Babes record.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Lets wait and see if he is drafted in the top 10, 20, or 32, there are always surprises in the draft. Dan Marino went after Ken O'Brien from DII UC Davis.

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

If there's a contest for #2 all-time North Dakota sports story behind Mr Maris, I vote for Fritz Pollard.   He went into the heart of Nazi Germany in the 1936 Olympics and won a silver medal.    Pretty damn brave.

http://und.edu/news/2016/02/fritz-pollard.cfm

And, to the thread topic, I bet he could beat Forrest Gump, too.

^^^^^^ This!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ND WINS!!!! said:

It's true - I was in Arizona this Weekend and ran into numerous people talking FB and draft and very few even talking about Hockey = the Phoenix paper never showed ANY of the Hockey scores and it's to go to the Frozen Four??

First time away from Fargo?

13 hours ago, ND WINS!!!! said:

Am I the only one that finds it funny that you likely searched the paper front to back to be sure if they showed the scores or not.  Searching for more validation that Wentz and the draft is important?  

• Upvote 1

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25529683/how-qb-carson-wentz-a-potential-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-fell-through-the-cracks

Wentz' competitiveness borders on unreasonable. He and backup quarterback Easton Stick were nannies last summer, babysitting to earn spending money. Wentz, Stick said, had to win playing Wiffle Ball with the kids.

How old were the kids?

“Nine, 10, 11,” Stick said.

2 nannies for 3 kids, wonder what that job pays.....:glare:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

That fact that this thread is already 4 pages long shows how too many people value potential over actual achievement. 

Shows me the obsession you have with NDSU and Wentz himself. Looks like some are still bitter he didn't choose the fighting Hawks as his college of choice. Need to let it go. 

If only Carson Wentz had gone to UND...his face would be on North Dakota hockey jerseys at the Frozen Four.  It would be THAT BIG of a deal.  Give the kid some props - he's had a hellofa college career and deserves every accolade being thrown his way.  If he doesn't make it in the NFL, so what?  He's about a million times better than any of us behind the keyboard.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Caillou flashing the type of research abilities that show why he usually just copies FargoU press releases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kleinsasser

Again a Bison fan who was in a coma from 1993-2003. No Bison fan has memory of what UND accomplished in those years. Their mind goes from their DII titles to the FCS titles anything inbetween is just a blur.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• UNDBIZ locked this topic