SiouxSports.com Forum

Greater American hero, Wentz or Forrest Gump?

UNDBIZ

34 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I agree... I just watched sports center and read today's NY Times.  No mention of the Wentz kid, but there were stories about North Dakota advancing to the Frozen Four.  Perhaps Fargo is treated to a special national-level sports network to highlight their daily sports accomplishments?  ESPN-F?  They are that significant and deserving.

I didn't say on Sportscenter. I bet if you watched ESPN from 8 AM to 11 PM, Wentz will be mentioned on some show. It may be on The Sports Reporters, maybe on NFL Live, but somewhere. I bet UND hockey won't be mentioned tomorrow, or the next day, or the next...

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

When is the last time a player or school from ND was mentioned on National TV every day for 3 month straight? You will hear Carson Wentz and North Dakota State talked about on ESPN and the NFL Network, among others, every day from now until the draft. Actually from the combine until the draft. Like it or not, this is the biggest nationally covered sports story in recent history. The only other one that would be close is Maris's 61 in 61. 

That Maris story was one of the biggest in the history of all sports, not just ND sports. It's in a different league. Stop saying they're similar. The story on Carson and the hype is incredible but it is not the same, not even close. 61 was the most storied record in sports and it broke a mark set by the most mythical athlete in history. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That Maris story was one of the biggest in the history of all sports, not just ND sports. It's in a different league. Stop saying they're similar. The story on Carson and the hype is incredible but it is not the same, not even close. 61 was the most storied record in sports and it broke a mark set by the most mythical athlete in history. 

Agree. Most of us weren't around to see the hype in 61. The Wentz story may be the biggest in the last 50 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Agree. Most of us weren't around to see the hype in 61. The Wentz story may be the biggest in the last 50 years.

Is the Carson Wentz museum going to be across from the Roger Maris museum in West Acres? I didn't know we have a Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and John Elway all in one. 

• Upvote 4

I'm beginning to think that Siouxsports and their message should consolidate. They are obviously coming here to get validation and we should oblige and give it to them in heavy doses and see if that whisks them back their home base.   Once they get their validation an get bored I see them trickling off to the next message board.   So here it is moo moo u, YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!!!  And it's not even close!!  

I think I will have that comment following any moo talk from now on

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I didn't say on Sportscenter. I bet if you watched ESPN from 8 AM to 11 PM, Wentz will be mentioned on some show. It may be on The Sports Reporters, maybe on NFL Live, but somewhere. I bet UND hockey won't be mentioned tomorrow, or the next day, or the next...

You are special...a winner.  Keep repeating that as you gaze into the mirror.  

• Upvote 2

I read somewhere he has trouble farting in cold weather.

I would think a ND kids would have no trouble farting in cold weather.  I hope it doesn't hurt his draft stock to much

Basically, I would say that weather does not anatomically affect one's ability to fart but then I have never been in an NFL locker room

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Blasphemers

The greatest blasphemy is associating my name with this thread.   I never once implied that Wentz was comparable to Christ and feel it is in horrible taste to have me listed as the starter of this thread with the comparison of Carson Wentz to Christ.   I am therefore demanding my name be removed as the starter of these moved posts and really, the comparison to Jesus is in bad taste, especially on Easter.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TRex said:

The greatest blasphemy is associating my name with this thread.   I never once implied that Wentz was comparable to Christ and feel it is in horrible taste to have me listed as the starter of this thread with the comparison of Carson Wentz to Christ.   I am therefore demanding my name be removed as the starter of these moved posts and really, the comparison to Jesus is in bad taste, especially on Easter.

I agree...didn't the Beatles get into trouble stating about the same?

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I sense a severe case of little man syndrome.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, ND WINS!!!! said:

It's true - I was in Arizona this Weekend and ran into numerous people talking FB and draft and very few even talking about Hockey = the Phoenix paper never showed ANY of the Hockey scores and it's to go to the Frozen Four??

Cool story. 

Are you looking for validation here too?  

1 hour ago, ND WINS!!!! said:

It's true - I was in Arizona this Weekend and ran into numerous people talking FB and draft and very few even talking about Hockey = the Phoenix paper never showed ANY of the Hockey scores and it's to go to the Frozen Four??

Well I was in ND this weekend and saw MANY Fighting Sioux Hockey jerseys....also when I watched the game on TV. I would say the Fighting Sioux out numbered North Dakota 2:1.  Hockey is not in the DNA of people in AZ like it is up here.

Go Sioux!

Can't wait for football to start either.  Since I will be retired by the start of the 2016 season, I will not have to clean and do laundry on Saturdays!!!

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Oops wrong.  You picked the wrong day to post this :)

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I've added a random post from myself and changed the thread title for those offended by my attempt at humor. 

Now im offended. First amendment means you don't need to change !@#$. Not your fault it went over their heads.