SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

It's my understanding that some of the credits he is taking this semester will also transfer over to UND as well.

That's affirmative.  I think all the ND Universities have some core curriculum that all schools accept as transferable credits.  (My aunt in the mid 90's was actually assigned to make this happen) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

That's affirmative.  I think all the ND Universities have some core curriculum that all schools accept as transferable credits.  (My aunt in the mid 90's was actually assigned to make this happen) 

And they've been working with the tribal colleges to get them on board as well.

SFI just reported that Grady will be coming back (presumably)as well.  Great news.  

Also, they talk about Gordon maybe lining up on special teams. Love that idea.  He's very quick laterally and built to be both power and speed.  I would like to see him on punt and kickoff returns.  

33 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

SFI just reported that Grady will be coming back (presumably)as well.  Great news.  

Also, they talk about Gordon maybe lining up on special teams. Love that idea.  He's very quick laterally and built to be both power and speed.  I would like to see him on punt and kickoff returns.  

I saw Gordon play a couple of times in HS and really liked the way he plays.  He should be very successful at UND.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

It would certainly be nice to have a little more of a dynamic punt returner this year as long as he holds on to the ball.  Also would be nice to not have Santiago have to return kicks as I'd rather save him for running behind the line than taking some potentially nasty special teams hits. Fortunately our RB position is deep this year but sure would hate to see him go down.  

Relating to injuries.....every time Keaton gets up with a hobble this year we'll likely see the season flash before our eyes for a second.

• Upvote 3

On 4/22/2016 at 8:41 PM, TRex said:

I'm trying to figure out how Grady can be eligible since he wasn't on campus for spring semester.   I get it that he completed and passed all his classes from fall semester but how can anyone drop out like that and come back.   It's good if it works, except that he missed spring ball, but I can't wrap my head around this being OK with the NCAA.

That is what I am gathering. I believe he was taking tribal or community college classes in the spring semester and some of those credits should transfer. This is just hearsay from what i have read here so take it for what it is.

Is it football season yet? Can't wait to see Santiago tear up the turf! Saw some of the practice highlights he tweeted earlier and he is really going to make some defenses look silly this year. Can't believe we get to watch this kid for 3 more seasons.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Saw on Twitter that Sergio Bailey is coming in for a visit.  Wide Receiver from Grossmont College.

I am a bit confused as Grossmont is a two-year CC but on a couple of sites, he is listed as a junior (this year).  He graduated from HS in 2013 so he will have been out of HS for three years.  Not sure if he has one or two years of eligibility remaining.

53 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I am a bit confused as Grossmont is a two-year CC but on a couple of sites, he is listed as a junior (this year).  He graduated from HS in 2013 so he will have been out of HS for three years.  Not sure if he has one or two years of eligibility remaining.

He is a sophomore, they only have frosh and sophs.  Two years left I believe.

On May 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM, UNDColorado said:

Found the Midco spring football special this morning: 

Very nice piece. It's interesting and exciting in terms of next season's possibilities. 

If resources permit, I thinks Midcontinent should produce a weekly 1/2 hour football program with Bubba during the football season, similar to hockey with Brad Berry. There would be an audience for it if it was done as NDSU does their football show on NBC; go through latest game highlights, preview future game, and add in a weekly spotlight on a player, coach, alumnus, or position group. It would only help increase the local following of UND football and help locals realize there is growing hype for the program. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It would only help increase the local following of UND football and help locals realize there is growing hype for the program. 

Wouldn't the locals be the source of the hype rather than being informed of said hype?

55 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Additional outlets allow for excitement to spread at a faster rate. Are you actually questioning media exposure? 

Maybe he doesn't understand that there are many Alumni who live outside of the state who follow closely and will go out of their way to get back home to see a game. When I come home and go to a football game I tend to bring my brothers who typically do not follow but will get on board if they win. This is only one example of how media like this keeps people connected.