SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2015/12/10/in-focus-und-football-recruiting-2016/

• We are working on confirming any additional defections from the roster come semester break.  We know TE Kyle Ruhe is no longer with the team, most likely due to injury.  We have also heard that OL Justus Merz has chosen to leave school and OL Kevin Camy has done the same.

Joe Mollberg just reported on facebook that he in now playing tight end. 

Good for Joe!  I think he could be a real nimble threat a that position, with great understanding of the QB/receiver relationship as far as passing and blocking.  Hope he heals up good enough to do it.

• Upvote 2

I'm picturing some sweet trick plays where Joe unleashes his cannon down field to Georges.  I'm glad they're going to utilize him.

Speaking of gimmicks.... scuttlebutt at the beginning of this year was that a certain big ol' true freshman hog might see some time in the offensive backfield on short yardage situations. Would have loved to see that. Wonder if that might still be in the offing in future years?

I'm curious to see how this works. Joe is really short for a TE.

6'2"? OK ... FB out of the backfield? (That concept would really mess up a defense.) 

Honestly, his body-type no longer looks "QB". He looks thicker than Tim Tebow during Tebow's thickest days. 

6'2"? OK ... FB out of the backfield? (That concept would really mess up a defense.) 

Honestly, his body-type no longer looks "QB". He looks thicker than Tim Tebow during Tebow's thickest days. 

Joes a little chubby. He'll need to get trim for next year. I also kind of question that he's actually 6'2". Either way, I hope he has a fantastic senior year and adds an element to the offense.

I'd say TE if anything, more receiving than blocking, but could do both.

I can't remember who called this.  Joe was and probably still is a good hoops player, which translates well to the short patterns, quick separations, and the hands in traffic a TE needs.  I think after the departure of Adler the TE position has the biggest drop off in talent of all positions on our roster.  This could really help.  Different position, different mind set, and a new opportunity, good for Joe!!

Edited by gundy1124

No Med Shirt for him last year.   I'm sure it was too late in the season, so he'll be a senior next year

Why doesn't he take a normal red shirt this year.  Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you can take your red shirt year in any of your available 5 years on the team..

He didn't see the field this year if my memory is correct...

Why doesn't he take a normal red shirt this year.  Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you can take your red shirt year in any of your available 5 years on the team..

He didn't see the field this year if my memory is correct...

I believe he already used up his redshirt year as a true freshman.