SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I honestly would rather sneak up on the rest of the league than have a target on our backs.

With the strength we showed at the end of the season, I doubt we sneak up on anyone next year.   A few teams learned the hard way we are for real.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Also, judging by tweets it appears Tony Roland is leaving the team. Not sure if it's been mentioned. 

I don't mean this to be disparaging, but when did he join the team?  He's listed as a freshman on the roster, but SFI doesn't have him listed as a 2014 or 2015 commit....?

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't mean this to be disparaging, but when did he join the team?  He's listed as a freshman on the roster, but SFI doesn't have him listed as a 2014 or 2015 commit....?

I'm not sure exactly PC principal but I believe he came here as either a dline or lb and switched to FB out of necessity and may have even traveled some games if not played this year. 

UND's 2016 FBS opponent, Bowling Green, is currently on ESPN in the GoDaddy Bowl. Bowling Green is playing Georgia Southern, a program not long removed from FCS and this is the program's first FBS bowl game. Also, Georgia Southern runs some schemes similar to what UND runs, so it will be interesting to see how Bowling Green handles it in anticipation for the 2016 season UND-Bowling Green matchup. 

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND's 2016 FBS opponent, Bowling Green, is currently on ESPN in the GoDaddy Bowl. Bowling Green is playing Georgia Southern, a program not long removed from FCS and this is the program's first FBS bowl game. Also, Georgia Southern runs some schemes similar to what UND runs, so it will be interesting to see how Bowling Green handles it in anticipation for the 2016 season UND-Bowling Green matchup. 

Bowling Green will have a different QB next season I wonder if they will be the same pass happy team.

On 12/24/2015 at 8:19 PM, darell1976 said:

Bowling Green will have a different QB next season I wonder if they will be the same pass happy team.

I wouldn't expect there style to change. Their QB for next season also started for them all of last season in place of Johnson. They also have some really good receivers returning. Front seven will need to get to the QB fast, and Santiago will need to have a nice game. They showed they are very susceptible to the run against Georgia Southern.

1 hour ago, nodakhoops said:

There is a guy named Dale Lennon that meets those qualifications. 

Wow. I was going to make fun of your post, Dale Lennon accepting a job as a position coach, but then I read the minimum qualifications. It appears the fix is in for a certain candidate. Remains to be seen who that is. Minimum 8 years D1 experience plus 5 years experience with the 3-4 really narrows the pool of eligible applicants. 

I still feel it won't be Lennon, but it will certainly be someone with plenty of experience to be a position coach. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Wow. I was going to make fun of your post, Dale Lennon accepting a job as a position coach, but then I read the minimum qualifications. It appears the fix is in for a certain candidate. Remains to be seen who that is. Minimum 8 years D1 experience plus 5 years experience with the 3-4 really narrows the pool of eligible applicants. 

I still feel it won't be Lennon, but it will certainly be someone with plenty of experience to be a position coach. 

It would make sense for Lennon to come back to Grand Forks. He went to school here, built his resume here and probably would like to live here again. But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

I don't think Lennon would take a step down like this, but that's just one mans opinion. The qualifications posted in the description are awfully specific so like others have said they must have someone already in mind.

Well, when you have just been fired from SIU and you are unsure of your next step, coming back home to Grand Forks to work within Bubba's program may make sense. I am thinking it wouldn't take him long to find another HC job.

I understand the doubts regarding Lennon coming back to coach at UND under Bubba, but what else is he going to do? It doesn't appear Lennon will be an FCS head coach or coordinator in 2016, so why not take an FCS assistant coach position at a place he's really familiar with? 

For the record, I would be very surprised yet excited if Lennon joined Bubba's staff. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

The "fix was definitely in" for Shaw as the next UND hockey coach. 

These guys seem to be tailoring the process for the one they have in mind. Which makes the guessing process (and North Dakota "Logistic Laws")  that much easier.

Let's see how much the GF media cares about football and basically nails down the candidate a few months in advance before the announcement like Schlossy did with Shaw.

.....Lennon would be a welcome addition. 

I highly doubt it is going to be Dale Lennon and does anyone really believe he's going to come back to Grand Forks to be a position coach? If you're looking at SIU, a more likely scenario would actually be someone from Lennon's staff that Bubba would be familiar with. Maybe someone like this guy?

• Upvote 3