SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

Why doesn't he take a normal red shirt this year.  Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you can take your red shirt year in any of your available 5 years on the team..

He didn't see the field this year if my memory is correct...

he did take a couple snaps this season.  It was a home game.  Possibly Northern Colorado.  Can't remember. 

Joe should post what position Iwarri Smith is going to practice at. I imagine the RB stable will be #FreeSantiago, Olivera, and Neverrman.

Don't sell short on Gordon, either.  He surprised the heck out of me at fall camp and I've heard he's continued to impress coaches throughout the year on scout team.

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 3

Don't sell short on Gordon, either.  He surprised the heck out of me at fall camp and I've heard he's continued to impress coaches throughout the years on scout team.

Goose bumps thinking about returning All-American (for 3 more years), Oliveira, Nevermann (who i've heard is as good as anyone), and Gordon. I remember last year when Iwarri committed we thought he was going to be huge (not that he's not), but just think he has yet to find traction as well. Lots of good things coming.

Goose bumps thinking about returning All-American (for 3 more years), Oliveira, Nevermann (who i've heard is as good as anyone), and Gordon. I remember last year when Iwarri committed we thought he was going to be huge (not that he's not), but just think he has yet to find traction as well. Lots of good things coming.

Yeah, I think Iwarri has a break out year this next year..... we have to remember he was probably the youngest player on the squad at only 17 when he started. He got a full dose of FCS football last season, now he knows what to expect. He runs hard. Jury is still out on his hands, but I think that is a confidence thing more than anything.  It will be fun to see where he shakes out.

What about Norberg to Fullback? 

I could see him in a role similar to Adler this year... Some plays at FB in backfield & also lining up at TE.  Remember ,Adler was 2nd team All-Conf at Fullback, even though he didn't play there exclusively.

How's Norberg's hands?

• Upvote 1

I could see him in a role similar to Adler this year... Some plays at FB in backfield & also lining up at TE.  Remember ,Adler was 2nd team All-Conf at Fullback, even though he didn't play there exclusively.

How's Norberg's hands?

Good question on his hands. I brought up fullback because I have to think that he can lay some solid blocks. 

Looking forward to bringing the wood to Pocatello next year w/their freshmen QBs and payback on our minds.

True.... though, they have the tendency to have pretty decent luck at attracting FBS drop downs from the western part of the country. i.e. Boise State or some of the Utah and Washington FBS schools.   Nonetheless, your point stands!

• Upvote 1

If they need him at DB, I don't see why he'd need the redshirt, I think he's a phenomenal athlete, and IIRC, he played both sides of the ball in HS.

i dont see him jumping ahead of harris, carter, or jjs at db.  Maybe he plays at safety, but if he isn't a solid contributor there why not trade a year or mediocre play for a year as a fifth year senior, especially for kid that young?