SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

Tim Dulin tweeted that he went from 174lbs to 190lbs already..... I bet he's at or above 200 by spring. He seems to be putting in the work to be a beast.

That is great news!  I read the first few words of your post and my heart sank.  I was dreading the rest afterall that's how a lot of posts used to start in the football offseason (for us), and they were usually followed by departure news of some sort. I'm not naive enough to think we might not have some of that still but it sure is refreshing to read something like this. August can't come soon enough for me!

That is great news!  I read the first few words of your post and my heart sank.  I was dreading the rest afterall that's how a lot of posts used to start in the football offseason (for us), and they were usually followed by departure news of some sort. I'm not naive enough to think we might not have some of that still but it sure is refreshing to read something like this. August can't come soon enough for me!

Hope you're gearing up to give us eyewitness reports from Fall Camp again:).

I second that. Those updates were always great to read.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I plan to.  Although I think the football SID is getting a little tired of having to monitor my posts.  :D  Honestly, though, the entire AD staff has always been gracious in giving the public access to practices. Some programs restrict access to 30 minutes, which usually only entails special teams work. 

• Upvote 3

Sounds like a dedicated individual, good to hear.  My first practice I attended this summer, he stood out in a very special way.  Ran crisp routes, made terrific catches in tight spaces , he was just to thin.  Adding 20 lbs has my giddy!  6'4" 195-200 lbs with great hands is very welcoming. 

I could see him being a safety with a role as a WR on the offense in certain situations.  Agree that he doesn't seem to have the knack for a RB, but if they keep him there maybe that will come.

The only thing that would concern me at safety, is can the kid hit? He didn't look comfortable taking a hit at RB, which makes me wonder if he could deliver one. WR just seems to fit for a kid like that, but the coaches know way more than I do. I have to think he was able to play RB in high school purely because of his speed. When he hit a hole, he looked great, but when he need to shake of a hit, or bounce off of a guy he looked pretty rough.

If he moves to defense, it would have to be to improve coverage, because I just don't see him being a big hitter like Reyes. Could be wrong though. I just hope the coaches find a good spot for him because he is too much of an athlete to not work on to the field. Kind of a shame that he couldn't have kept his redshirt, considering how limited of an impact he ended up having this year.

Linebacker mentality; cornerback body; sounds to me like ... slot receiver over the middle. 

See: Welker, Edelman, E Sanders, Cobb, Amendola. 

I like this.  with his speed when he breaks loose it would be scary.  Clive stretching the field.  Smith across the middle.   Santiago.  A year ago we had no offense and just starting to resemble a defense.   What happened.  oh yes Bubba Ball.

• Upvote 1

Bowling green looks really tough. Their offense looks stout and their defense looks huge. I think it will be one of the tougher FBS games we will see especially after them winning the MAC

I agree after watching last nights game.  what are the odds they have a new coach next year.  If so how will that affect their play.  real early to say.  However, I do see Santiago running on these guys.

I agree after watching last nights game.  what are the odds they have a new coach next year.  If so how will that affect their play.  real early to say.  However, I do see Santiago running on these guys.

Football Scoop is now reporting that Babers is headed to Syracuse.

Bowling green looks really tough. Their offense looks stout and their defense looks huge. I think it will be one of the tougher FBS games we will see especially after them winning the MAC

They do, but they'll be losing some good players. I expect UND to compete in that game and play for a big FBS win. 

UPDATE: Also, it appears Bowling Green will have a new head coach. 

They do, but they'll be losing some good players. I expect UND to compete in that game and play for a big FBS win. 

UPDATE: Also, it appears Bowling Green will have a new head coach. 

As of now, it looks like 3 of UND's first four 2016 opponents will have new coaches installed (not sure about Stoney Brook situation). I don't know if this is good or bad. Some teams may be getting used to new schemes, but it makes it that much harder to prepare for.