SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

I was visiting with somebody who works for a small marketing firm that actually received a request from UND to submit a proposal for the new logo.  I showed him the one that geaux_sioux did, and he really liked it.  I wish there was some way to get that logo added to the process.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Maybe the best solution is to keep it simple, don't try to have too much detail on the logo, try to go to aggressive or too cartoony silly. What made the Fighting Sioux logo work was that the Sioux warrior had a facial expression that was stern and determined but not over the top aggressive and certainly not cartoon. Hopefully that aspect will not be  lost on the firms working on designing the new Logo. 

ancient-hawk-logo-vector.jpg

images.png

linear-hawk-logo-vectors.jpg

First game of thrones, and now this?    You're either onto something, or you're on something.  :blink::)

2 hours ago, fargosioux said:

I was visiting with somebody who works for a small marketing firm that actually received a request from UND to submit a proposal for the new logo.  I showed him the one that geaux_sioux did, and he really liked it.  I wish there was some way to get that logo added to the process.

Just wondering, how difficult was it to submit an acceptable proposal?  I remember reading Ben Brien said he would be very interested in designing the new logo.   Is he connected to any of the companies that submitted?     

4 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Maybe the best solution is to keep it simple, don't try to have too much detail on the logo, try to go to aggressive or too cartoony silly. What made the Fighting Sioux logo work was that the Sioux warrior had a facial expression that was stern and determined but not over the top aggressive and certainly not cartoon. Hopefully that aspect will not be  lost on the firms working on designing the new Logo. 

11bd286b22b47f6535cb689334aebc66.jpg

Your first sentence is exactly what I think about the best way to approach this.    That said, the image above is very cool though I'm not sure about if it's best as a logo due to the level of detail.

5 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

These Hawks look a little too much WWII Germany for my liking.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Just wondering, how difficult was it to submit an acceptable proposal?  I remember reading Ben Brien said he would be very interested in designing the new logo.   Is he connected to any of the companies that submitted?     

He didn't get into any detail about the RFP, and his company declined to participate.

• Upvote 1

My guess is something similar to what happened last time will happen eventually with  Ben Brien, especially if the logo isn't well received, the alumni association or some other organization will approach him for a few designs and then pick the best of the litter, and if its really good it will be picked up as the official logo, If that does happen I hope they pay him better than they did the first time.

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The RFP is still viewable online.

Spell-check failed whomever put that together.

University of North Dakota Purchasing Office

Attn: Jana Thompson – Graphic Identity RFP # 99-2016

Twamely Hall, Room 114

264 Centennial Drive Stop 8381

Grand Forks, ND 58202-8381

And I hope no one dares contact a university employee other than Ms. Thompson regarding the logo. 

Contact Person, Telephone, Email, and Fax Number

The Procurement Officer is the point of contact for this RFP. All vendor communications regarding this RFP must be directed to the Procurement Officer. Unauthorized contact regarding the RFP with other UND employees may result in the vendor being disqualified, and the vendor may also be suspended or disbarred from the state bidders list.

22 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

images.png

red_hawk_logo_by_irufort-d8ki468.png

2000px-Reichsadler_der_Deutsches_Reich_(

Just now, ArchyAlum11 said:
Just now, ArchyAlum11 said:

images.png

images.png

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!  I am starting to come to peace with the whole move on thing, but if  a logo like one of these is selected it will throw my mental state back into state of flux.  If we spend a pile of $'s on design and end up with a logo like this I will be pissed!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

2000px-Reichsadler_der_Deutsches_Reich_(

Look I wasn't saying "use these" I was just saying that design wise something simpler might be better than trying to get too detailed, aggressive and cartoony.

I like the first one because it is just the head of a hawk, like the fighting Sioux logos were just the facial profile of a Dakota Warrior, It has more detail but no a ton of it and would be relatively simple to trace or draw, the eyes look aggressive but not overly so, and its not too cartoony.

On 1/20/2016 at 9:03 AM, ArchyAlum11 said:

images.png

I hate every single one of these. Just awful, IMO. Oof.

• Upvote 1