SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

If Nokota's were rejected as a nickname simply for sounding and being spelled similar to a native tribe then I highly doubt the PC gestapo would let any logo with any native american design elements, such as feathers.

Nokota is the state's official horse breed, found only in the badlands of North Dakota.

39 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

If Nokota's were rejected as a nickname simply for sounding and being spelled similar to a native tribe then I highly doubt the PC gestapo would let any logo with any native american design elements, such as feathers.

Yup. Don't expect to see a bird in a native head dress. 

5 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Nokota is the state's official horse breed, found only in the badlands of North Dakota.

Most of us have that point figured out.   There seems to be only one amongst  us who doesn't understand that you can't pull the feathers over the NCAA's eyes.

• Downvote 1

On 12/27/2015 at 10:11 AM, Fetch said:

UND.jpg.98ed0befeaded9a39b4779a6ec54b061

On 1/5/2016 at 7:06 PM, Fetch said:

I've always been Sioux Forever it's easy 

At most for now I only want a Flag with this design to leave for my family to fight over when I croak

Because I talked UNDBIZ into using his photo shop skills to help create it

Anyone know who can make me a Flag ?

Fetch you're like the worse "Sioux Forever" person I've seen.

First the avatar. 

Then you're custom ordered Fighting Hawks logo.

And now you want a flag of it made?!

By that definition I think we're all  "Sioux Forever." :lol:

19 hours ago, Cratter said:

Fetch you're like the worse "Sioux Forever" person I've seen.

First the avatar. 

Then you're custom ordered Fighting Hawks logo.

And now you want a flag of it made?!

By that definition I think we're all  "Sioux Forever." :lol:

As u should be

• Upvote 1

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3925698-logo-proposals-handed-over-team-initial-evaluation

The list of the 16

The following are firms that submitted graphic identity proposals to UND for a chance to design THE Fighting Hawks logo.

• Athletics, Brooklyn, N.Y.

• SME Inc., New York.

• Capsule, Minneapolis.

• Valentine Design, Hopkins, Minn.

• Lawrence & Schiller Inc., Sioux Falls, S.D.

• Old Hat Creative, Norman, Okla.

• Summit Athletic Media, Charlotte, N.C.

• Adrenalin Inc., Denver.

• Pytchblack, Fort Worth, Texas.

• Joe Bosack and Co., Pottsville, Pa.

• O'Brien Advertising, Denver.

• 160over90 Inc., Philadelphia.

• Phoenix Design Works; Maplewood, N.J.

• AG Design Group Inc., Walnut Creek, Calif.

• Ad Monkeys Inc., Grand Forks.

• Torch Creative, Flower Mound, Texas.

Discuss

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3925698-logo-proposals-handed-over-team-initial-evaluation

The list of the 16

The following are firms that submitted graphic identity proposals to UND for a chance to design THE Fighting Hawks logo.

• SME Inc., New York.

• Capsule, Minneapolis.

• Valentine Design, Hopkins, Minn.

Discuss

Impressive draw in terms of national scope.  Maybe a little bit surprised at the lack of local designers tossing their hat in the ring.  Was the bar set too high?

20 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The list of the 16

• SME Inc., New York.

• Capsule, Minneapolis.

Valentine Design, Hopkins, Minn.

Discuss

http://www.valentinedesign.net/html/vdi_main.html

I think we have a pretty good idea of where they'd head with it.  No thanks.  

That said, some very impressive firms and portfolios here. 

19 minutes ago, dagies said:

Oh, great call Shawn-O.  This is EXACTLY what we cannot end up with.  Minor league all the way.  ugh.

Any Company that has a web site that shi#$y and has the balls to autoplay elevator should have gone under by now.

That is just sad.

• Upvote 2

It's really interesting to look at how different the websites are for these firms. Some are pretty imressive, the best easily being 160over90. Others, like Phoenix make you wonder how they allow their website to be so outdated when design is the basis of their business. Just by glancing at portfolios I'd prefer Torch Creative, 160over90, Capsule, or SME Inc. SME did a fantastic job with the Northern Arizona rebrand recently.

36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's really interesting to look at how different the websites are for these firms. Some are pretty imressive, the best easily being 160over90. Others, like Phoenix make you wonder how they allow their website to be so outdated when design is the basis of their business. Just by glancing at portfolios I'd prefer Torch Creative, 160over90, Capsule, or SME Inc. SME did a fantastic job with the Northern Arizona rebrand recently.

I like all four you mentioned but I'd say SME, Torch Creative and 160over90 had the most impressive sports related clients and work. Capsule is from the area so they may get the nod. Really, any of those 4 would do a good job. I'd love for the local Admonkey agency to surprise everybody but I don't see this being in their scope of work. All I want is a great logo, cause everything involved with this name change up to this point has been sup par in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, bang said:

I like all four you mentioned but I'd say SME, Torch Creative and 160over90 had the most impressive sports related clients and work. Capsule is from the area so they may get the nod. Really, any of those 4 would do a good job. I'd love for the local Admonkey agency to surprise everybody but I don't see this being in their scope of work. All I want is a great logo, cause everything involved with this name change up to this point has been sup par in my opinion. 

It was a red flag for me that the admonkey site didn't offer a portfolio. I'm just nervous about this process, I really hope they don't botch this.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It was a red flag for me that the admonkey site didn't offer a portfolio. I'm just nervous about this process, I really hope they don't botch this.

I noticed that as well. Pretty bland website, just don't think they would blow our socks off with a great sports logo. Like I said maybe they'll surprise us all. I'd love to have someone local to design it.