SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If I've learned anything in life, I've learned that "absolute" (i.e. always, never) words come back to bite you; there are always exceptions.

So there is always exceptions to words such as always? So do the exceptions have exceptions? 

;)

11 hours ago, fargosioux said:

I see that another group is taking to social media to push another logo idea to try to get some momentum, and encourage the university to consider opening up the process to local artists.

Personally, I think the one created by geaux_sioux is 100 times better.  We need to start pushing this logo through the social media channels as well.

And, the only reason people mush and gush over it is because of the arrangement of the feathers to look like a war bonnet.   We just don't learn, keep trying to give the finger to the NCAA and it doesn't work.   We need a good, non-confrontational logo and this will only come from a paid, professional artist.   There is zero reason to keep refighting this battle.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TRex said:

And, the only reason people mush and gush over it is because of the arrangement of the feathers to look like a war bonnet.   We just don't learn, keep trying to give the finger to the NCAA and it doesn't work.   We need a good, non-confrontational logo and this will only come from a paid, professional artist.   There is zero reason to keep refighting this battle.

Technically I am a professional.

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

There are some UND supporters that want a tie in to the old logo; therefore you see the headdress on more than one proposed FH logo on this forum.  I don't see it happening.

This didn't fly:

william_and_mary_logo.gif

So I think you are right.  Unfortunate, there are some great looking ideas here.  

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

This didn't fly......with keeping Tribe as a nickname.

The NCAA policy says No Native American names or Imagery. There is a good chance that they will have a problem with anything that resembles a Native American headdress. Especially coming from a school that has caused them headaches in the past over a Native American nickname.

18 hours ago, TRex said:

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

On 12/24/2015 at 0:14 AM, geaux_sioux said:

It won't matter what you are, there is no way UND lets someone with a vested interest in a slanted logo do the design.   We want a beautiful, non controversial logo and don't need head dress, etc to try and poke the NCAA bear. 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Really?  Its out of a 3 year old tattoo book.

By "did", you mean they copied the image off a tattoo shops website?

That is what he meant. And placed it on the ND outline and added the words. When I first posted the pic of that hawk I made it clear I got the image off Google and it was for comparison/inspiration purposes only. Happy holidays. 

8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

That is what he meant. And placed it on the ND outline and added the words. When I first posted the pic of that hawk I made it clear I got the image off Google and it was for comparison/inspiration purposes only. Happy holidays. 

Never was claiming any artsy fartsy credit for creating any of it just a concept of ideas of the moment ...try to keep up :silly:

15 hours ago, TRex said:

It won't matter what you are, there is no way UND lets someone with a vested interest in a slanted logo do the design.   We want a beautiful, non controversial logo and don't need head dress, etc to try and poke the NCAA bear. 

I'd like you to show me the head dress in my logo.

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Tribal junk is sooo 2000.