SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

to be fair, people were complaining 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago...about everything that even related to the process.  There was major complaining long before they started changing the rules.

and with good reason.

It was a complete clusterfu&^ from start to finish. A freshmen marketing class at Devry could have put together and implemented a better process. Absolute fail from the leadership.

Edited by petey23

From almost everything I can find and read on this topic it sounds like the university students are going to carry the vote and elect FH as the new nickname. Pretty sad scenario that they A) have followed the Pied Piper Kelley and his PC BS B) are basically voting for an adjective C) bought into a NA looking Hawk logo that will never happen

...........or D) all of the above

I dont think the students are as dumb as many of u think

I bet they are tired of old folks telling them what should happen

Obviously a lot of them wanted Nodaks by all the flags at games & I understand they had some club before all this & can still use Nodak Nation

Roughriders has little chance of catching on with them plus locals & regional people don't want 2 roughriders ........DUH !

Plus the vast majority will be Fighting Sioux Forever so it's not really going to matter

Edited by Fetch
  • Upvote 1

I'm not trying to make people sound dumb or uninformed, but kinda as teasing me (them knowing I'm pretty vocal about support about Roughriders) I get a lot of my friends who are still in school who send me a picture of that blackhawk logo captioned "pretty good reason to vote for fighting hawks" and it's not facetious. I have quite a few Facebook friends who changed it to their profile picture as well.

• Upvote 2

I'm not trying to make people sound dumb or uninformed, but kinda as teasing me (them knowing I'm pretty vocal about support about Roughriders) I get a lot of my friends who are still in school who send me a picture of that blackhawk logo captioned "pretty good reason to vote for fighting hawks" and it's not facetious. I have quite a few Facebook friends who changed it to their profile picture as well.

Do they actually know the back-story on that proposed Blackhawk logo?

Since we will be getting a logo that will most likely be somewhat generic, so as not to offend, maybe we should just make it similar to the Detroit Redwings logo with the interlocking ND in the middle.  Or maybe something with 2 wings with the ND connecting them and somehow incorporating the state outline in there. I agree with Schlossman that we need Brien or someone else doing the logo, and keeping the consultants out of that phase. Maybe we could get something decent out of that scenario. 

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 1

to be fair, people were complaining 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago...about everything that even related to the process.  There was major complaining long before they started changing the rules.

Not aallowing North Dakota as a choice in the vote was when complaining became very justified.

• Upvote 1

Not aallowing North Dakota as a choice in the vote was when complaining became very justified.

How so? The committee (who was tasked to come up with a new nickname) removed it (because it isn't a nickname) with exact same process that eliminated everything but the top 5. The only complaining that is justified is because it got a second look when nothing else did.

• Upvote 2

My brother works at UND and I talked to him after the first vote.  He said one of the 6 people in his technical maintenance department printed out the fierce fighting hawk logo with the feathers and all 6 thought it was great.  He was going to vote Roughriders, but he thought the "hawk logo was too great to pass up." and changed his mind.  He said all 6 voted for the Hawks.   He is 63,  a longtime season ticket holder and a Sioux sports fan.  Just hasn't followed the whole nickname change as passionately as many have.  I told him there is no way UND will ever use a logo anywhere close to what they were shown, but his group of 6 bought the idea that it would be the logo.  I have to think a high percentage of the Hawk vote is in that camp.  Strong UND and Sioux fans, not dumb, but certainly uninformed.  

• Upvote 1

The Herald/WDAZ/KVLY/all media etx really have done a piss poor job in putting the truth out there about the hawk logo going around.  They need to do their job and report that no logos have been submitted for any name and that the hawk logo in question is absolutely 100% NOT going to be the logo if HAwks is selected.  We live in a world of uninformed naive people out there.  Truth needs to be told.  Heck, if Schlossman would jsut tweet out the correct info about that logo more people would know!!

• Upvote 1

Here's better:

Thank You everyone for enjoying my Blackhawks design. If it ever happens, I would be happy and sad. Alas, I no longer own the rights to it.

I bet Chicago of the NHL bought it to shelve it for when they need it. 

That means "NO" for UND.