SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

If I had to choose between Global Hawk and Fighing Hawk I would unfortunately choose Fighting Hawk.  One is stupid and the other is F'n stupid.

Love the screen name, Prison Mike.

That the students, allegedly, are driving this support for Fighting Hawks isn't really a surprise. Especially after watching one of the between period contests Saturday night where the topic was state capitals. They were tasked to name as many capitals as they could in 30 seconds. The winner could name... five. The loser named four. College students are way closer to fifth grade, where we memorized state capitals, than I am and I can name more than five capitals of US states.

• Upvote 3

That the students, allegedly, are driving this support for Fighting Hawks isn't really a surprise. Especially after watching one of the between period contests Saturday night where the topic was state capitals. They were tasked to name as many capitals as they could in 30 seconds. The winner could name... five. The loser named four. College students are way closer to fifth grade, where we memorized state capitals, than I am and I can name more than five capitals of US states.

When defeat is inevitable, degrade the opposition.

No one knows what group was behind the movement to Fighting Hawks, Qualtrics said so today. 

If it was the students, good for them! They are the most important stakeholders in this anyway...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No one knows what group was behind the movement to Fighting Hawks, Qualtrics said so today. 

If it was the students, good for them! They are the most important stakeholders in this anyway...

my choice was already defeated... Twice.

My 5th grader named 16...Suck it Trebek!

• Upvote 1

Most important stakeholders? Really??? Because they have invested what...1, 2, 4.....in the case of some like MM 9 years of their lives in the university to date. Most important? I'll continue to say they are following the Pied Piper Kelley and his PC agenda to ram FH thru. Ill informed to say the least.

And by the way my youngest is a 4th grader and she currently are working on the state capitols in school......she knows all of the east of the Mississippi River. Has to learn the rest in a couple weeks. She'll by on standby this weekend if the REA needs a "student" to rattle off more than 5 capitals in 30 seconds.

Yea I know, how dare say any current students are more important then a prior student for current decision making....at least to some on ss.com anyway!:lol:

Kind of like the voting results on here compared to reality.

no they arent the most important.  Why? Because in 3-4 years they become Alumni, just like us.  Why should one time period of students speak for every student who ever went there or will go there?  Constantly changing definition of who the "students" are.  

• Upvote 4

Yea I know, how dare say any current students are more important then a prior student for current decision making....at least to some on ss.com anyway!:lol:

Kind of like the voting results on here compared to reality.

At least the current students can tell their kids that after UND could no longer use the best nickname in the history of college athletics (little dramatic I know) they were very instrumental in choosing the new nickname.................that 28 or 29 universities already use.

I don't think a couple of students panicking while asked questions in front of thousands is a fair representation of the entire student body's intelligence.  I'm just glad they know their North Dakota history, given their voting tendencies.

current students are I'm guessing about 20% of the eligible voting pool.      blame your fellow alumni if you feel the need to complain about the results.

• Upvote 1

I saw that & my 4th grade grandson next to me just had a test on State Capitals & got 100% - he was yelling them out trying to help & we were in opposite corner

After a recent fruit fly attack Im sure they are smarter than most people

Edited by Fetch
  • Upvote 1

While I don't doubt this because I'm sure they don't keep track of what category voters come from, can you point to where this was disclosed?

I cant show you but I can tell you where I heard it.

KNOX, Doug reported it yesterday and had audio of a woman that said "even though we know how many voted and who they voted for, we don't know what category of voter they were, current student, alumni, etc....".

Hope that helps...

It kind of blows my mind how giddy some people on this board seem to be with the fact that the new nickname is almost certainly going to be Fighting Hawks.  I just don't get it.

I guess I don't see anyone real "giddy", I know my choices lost 3 times! But I'm ready to support the choice, and that sure looks like its going to be FH, seen as how it won the last two votes???

• Upvote 1

Absolutely right.  If we are talking about the future, there is no denying this.  Students of today are the stakeholders of tomorrow, and they have more years ahead of them to donate than you or I do.  It is very simple math.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely right.  If we are talking about the future, there is no denying this.  Students of today are the stakeholders of tomorrow, and they have more years ahead of them to donate than you or I do.  It is very simple math.

Dohkay.   So 22-40 years old's don't have many years ahead of them to donate?  The one's who were also students very recently.  

• Upvote 1

In fairness to Qualtrics, which category would you put me into: donor, season ticket holder, or alumnus? I'm all three. 

I'm the Trifecta as well........maybe if they give all of us in this group 3 votes RR will win!